KCL’s East African Society is a student group, dedicated to bringing attention to, celebrating and discussing East African culture, having key discussions about the issues East African countries face as well as other current affairs. In total, we are committed to be a warm and friendly space that ALL are welcome to join.We intend to hold events that faciliate student development wether that be in public speaking or career advice from guest speakers, whilst on a lighter note- providing a safe space for students to make friends through various fun events, from games nights to bowling trips.
- Collaboration. Throughout the course of the year, we have plans to hold career talks with professionals and bring potential graduate opportunities to our members.
- Community: Making sure that all of our members can be part of a community they identify to, find a place to meet friends and insuring that every member feels including.
- Discussion. Having talks and engaging with our members is also a priority of the society.
- Welfare. The wellbeing of our members is of the upmost importance to the society and throughout the year we will put on events and protocols that mirror this ideal.
- Wendy Agutu, 4th year LLB, Politics, Philosophy and Law. PRESIDENT
- Chloe Mwebaze, 3rd year EMDP, Medicine. VICE PRESIDENT
- Sarah Habib, 2nd year BSc, Chemistry. SECRETARY
- Salman Dualeh, 3rd year BSc, Chemistry. TREASURER
- Michelle Gibogwe, 3rd year BSc, Biomedical Engineering. SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
- Elazia Doudou-Kavena, 2nd year MPharm, Pharmacy. SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
-Angela Watling, 3rd year BA, English. EVENTS OFFICER
-Danya Osman, 2nd year BDS, Dentistry. EVENTS OFFICER
-Roanne Abdelazem, 3rd year, BSc, Global health & Social Medicine. WELLBEING OFFICER