At KCLSU our volunteers' safety and the wellbeing of the young people we are working with are paramount. All students involved in a student-led Widening Participation initiative must attend KCLSU Safeguarding training before beginning volunteering with young people or vulnerable adults. Students must attend this training every academic year if they wish to continue volunteering.
What does this mean for our Widening Participation volunteers?
- Protecting vulnerable people from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of their health and development
- Ensuring that young people grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all young people to have the best outcomes
- Digital and online safety.