Whether you’re part of King’s Alumni, a student at another University, or a staff member, you can take part in our clubs and societies as an Associate member.
As an Associate Member you can:
- Have access to all KCLSU spaces and study rooms across campuses
- Order a TOTUM student discount card through KCLSU and unlock 42,000 UK and international discounts
- Have access to all KCLSU events, bars, shops and restaurants
- Purchase a student-rate gym and membership and access King’s gyms in Waterloo, Strand and London Bridge
- Join any of the 300+ student societies and sports clubs
- Have the opportunity to meet and engage with a wide range of students
Associate Membership: 01 Aug 2021 – 31 Jul 2022
Make the most of KCLSU's 300+ student societies and sports clubs even when you're not a KCL student! For just £25 for the whole academic year, you can access our campuses, events, bars, restaurants, sports clubs, societies, and KCLSU study spaces. Any current student in the UK is eligible for this offer, as well as KCL alumni, students from partner international universities and KCL & KCLSU staff.
Grab your Associate Membership in 6 easy steps:
1. Choose the activity group or sports club you'd like to join
2. Contact the president to confirm they're happy for you to join and ask for a digital letter of recommendation (we need this for our verification records)
3. Purchase your group/club membership (please note that this is in addition to our own and you must have both for access)
4. Include the £25 Associate Membership add-on in your basket, head to the checkout and pay
5. Click the link in your confirmation email to upload your photo and a letter of recommendation from the club or society President (we need this to create your card)
6. You'll be emailed with a date for card collection from one of our KCLSU Hubs, but please email [email protected] if you have any questions in the meantime
To understand what benefits are available to Associate Members, have a quick read of our Associate Membership Policy. Please also refer to our West Wing Fire Evacuation procedure. If you have any questions please read our FAQs on Associate Membership, or contact [email protected]'for more info.
Coaches and Instructors
All coaches and Instructors (including student coaches and volunteer coaches) do not need to become an Associate Member but are required to register with KCLSU here. Without registering, coaches and instructors will not be allowed access to KCLSU and KCL activity spaces.