Wellbeing Week is all about taking care of yourself and discovering how you thrive, and your way of thriving may be hanging out with friends or going on a night out, and there’s nothing wrong with that! Though you may have filled your social quota and worked on your wellbeing by enjoying a good time with your friends, we all know that your body might be feeling the opposite way to your brain.
To make sure you can still enjoy going out once in a while, I’ve written down one of my favourite Jamie Oliver recipes that can get me out of any day-after blues: hangover noodles! If you’re not a drinker, these noodles are also especially great to make up for your 5 a day after a long week of studying and surviving on £3 meal deals at the library.
And the best thing is – all items in bold can be found in our zero-waste shop Nought! If you have any product suggestions for them, hit them up on their Instagram @noughtzerowaste.
- A piece of ginger
- 1 clove of garlic or garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons low-salt soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 cabbage
- 500 g fresh or frozen broccoli
- 250 g medium egg noodles
- 200 g mangetout (snow peas)
- 10) 4 large free-range eggs
- Olive oil
- Hot chili sauce
- Peel the ginger and garlic and finely chop into a large bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, some black pepper and then mix to make a dressing.
- Trim and shred the cabbage and add it to boiling salted water with the broccoli, and noodles and let it cook for 3 minutes, add the snow peas for a final minute.
- Drain the noodles well and then toss into the bowl of dressing.
- Fry the eggs in a pan according to your liking using olive oil.
- Divide the noodles between bowls, pop an egg on top of each bowl and serve drizzled with chili sauce.