KCL’s East African Society is a student group, dedicated to bringing attention to, celebrating and discussing East African culture, having key discussions about the issues East African countries face as well as other current affairs. In total, we are committed to be a warm and friendly space that ALL are welcome to join.We intend to hold events that faciliate student development wether that be in public speaking or career advice from guest speakers, whilst on a lighter note- providing a safe space for students to make friends through various fun events, from games nights to bowling trips.
- Collaboration. Throughout the course of the year, we have plans to hold career talks with professionals and bring potential graduate opportunities to our members.
- Community: Making sure that all of our members can be part of a community they identify to, find a place to meet friends and insuring that every member feels including.
- Discussion. Having talks and engaging with our members is also a priority of the society.
- Welfare. The wellbeing of our members is of the upmost importance to the society and throughout the year we will put on events and protocols that mirror this ideal.
- Thibaut Raharofalimanana, 3rd year BA International Relations. PRESIDENT
- Ayat Filli, 3rd year BSc Nutrition and Dietetics. VICE PRESIDENT
- Yoel Belay, 2nd year BSc Chemistry. TREASURER
- Chloe Mwebaze, 2nd year EMDP Medicine. WELLBEING LEAD
- Wendy Agutu, 3rd year LLB Politics, Philosophy and Law. SECRETARY
- Hamda Hasan, 2nd year Bsc Adult Nursing. HEAD OF EVENT
- Rimaz Salih, 3rd year BA International Relations. EVENT OFFICER
- Jonathan Shema, 2nd year Law LLB. EVENT OFFCIER
- Saroÿ Rakotoson, 3rd year BA History and International Relations. SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
- Leo Fantahun, 3rd year Bsc Economics. SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER