SUMMER PROGRAMME STUDENTS (Session 2) - Much Ado about Nothing live at The Globe Theatre
Please note: This event is for students participating in the 2017 Undergraduate Summer School Programmes only.
For the first time ever, the King’s Undergraduate Summer School offers discounted tickets for the tour and exhibition via our entertainment partner, and the chance to see a play at Shakespeare famous theatre – The Globe – on London’s Southbank. We are delighted to offer a ‘360 experience’ so that you can purchase tickets to learn about the theatre’s history, tread the boards, and then experience a show for yourself.
Part 1: Book a guided tour of the Globe Theatre and visit the Exhibition.
Based under the Globe Theatre, our engaging and informative Exhibition explores the life of Shakespeare, the London where he lived, and the theatre for which he wrote. A fascinating guided tour of the theatre reveals the story of its reconstruction and gives an exciting insight into the working life of the Globe.
KCLSU Can offer discounted tickets via our ticketing platform. CLICK HERE to choose a time, and book a ticket.
Part 2: We have standing tickets to a live performance of Much Ado About Nothing.
This play is one of the works that features in the Globes ‘Summer of Love’ season. Emma Rice – The Globes Artistic Director celebrates 50 years since 1967 by staging the plays that celebrate the theme of LOVE with all its passion, comedy and tragedy.
‘Love is at the centre of our human experience. It provides us with the best of times and the worst of times and reminds us that we are alive, connected and part of something greater than ourselves. A little like theatre if all goes well.’ Emma Rice on the Summer of Love
PS. If you are in London early for Session 1, consider joining us for Romeo and Juliet on 4 July.
To familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of booking, please visit https://www.kclsu.org/unlockbook and check the section Information for Undergraduate Summer School students. There you will find our FAQ section, information about our refund policy, how to book, and relevant contacts.
T&C’s / Instructions;
- Purchase your ticket online. You will recieve an email confirmation to the email you registered with (please check your junk mail if you cannot see it).
- Take the email confirmation to the Summer Program Office (Strand), to exchange for a physical ticket.
- Please do not lose your ticket as it cannot be replaced.
- Take your ticket, and your student ID to the theatre on the day. Please be aware there will be queues, so we advise that you arrive at least 30-60 minutes early to get a good spot from which to watch the show.
- Please see the venues website for information on arrival time, prohibited items, and behavious, cloakroom facilities and nearest transport links.
- Please note that the show will run for approximately 2.5 hours, including a short interval. Tickets are standing in the yard, and performances go ahead rain or shine as they have since the Globe was opened (no umbrellas allowed in the theatre).
- We do not offer refunds once you have purchased. Please check your course schedules before purchasing.