Please note: This event is for students participating in the 2017 Undergraduate Summer School Programmes only.
KCLSU Events invites you to join us for a night of belly-laughs at Top Secret Comedy Club – an MC, and three fresh acts for your entertainment pleasure. And the best part - its only £4.50 - which is a bargain in central London! This week’s acts are:
Since 2008 Danny has been travelling around the UK, gigging and been entertaining audiences with his own brand of observational humour. His popular shows have been featured at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2010, 2011, 2013 (at which he took out the People’s Choice award for best show) and 2014. One reviews says…
‘Delightfully clever punchlines…he endears himself with an engaging, if unusual style of language. Wordy but accessibly so, he throws in sneaky puns and well-hidden one-liners that reward the attentive listener without alienating anyone that missed them. Clever stuff.’ – Chortle
In his own words: Ben has been doing stand up for three and a bit years, winning / finalisting competitions (BBC New comedian, Laughing Horse, Piccadilly Comedy Club, Colchester comedian of the year). As well as stand up, he’s performed a one man show about local newspapers at Edinburgh.
Check out Ben’s Twitter feed for a taste of his brand of humour: @BenClover
Carlin has earned critical acclaim, accolades and a growing fan base with his original and insightful writing style and accomplished delivery. He is a very enigmatic act, using a unique pattern of delivery to amuse the audience with very unexpected and off-the-wall references.
‘If this man isn’t a household name in five years’ time, the world is even more lacking in justice that we could have feared.’ The Scotsman
Top Secret is rated the best comedy club in London by Trip Advisor. Come see why. Cheap drinks and ping pong table as standard. #Winning!
To familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of booking, please visit https://www.kclsu.org/unlockbook and check the section Information for Undergraduate Summer School students. There you will find our FAQ section, information about our refund policy, how to book, and relevant contacts.
- Tickets need to be pre-purchased online and email confirmation presented at the door.
- Students will need to bring proof of age identification as this is an R18 venue.
- Food and drink is at your own expense (bar snacks at the venue, pizza upstairs).
- There are no refunds for this event once tickets have been purchased.
- Please note that stand-up comedy can be controversial. That is the very nature of stand up! KCLSU takes no responsibility for the content of the show (comedians perform on a rotating basis which means we cannot ‘vet’ them for sensitive material). Attend at your own discretion.
- The venue has stairs; if you have mobility issues please contact [email protected] before purchasing a ticket.
- Most of our events are non-refundable, however we understand there might be mitigating circumstances (Force Majeure). Please visit: https://www.kclsu.org/unlockbook/ for further information