Please note: This event is for students participating in the 2017 Undergraduate Summer School Programmes only.
We invite you to join us for a night of belly-laughs at Top Secret Comedy Club – an MC, and three fresh acts for your entertainment pleasure. And the best part - its only £4.50 - which is a bargain in central London! This week’s acts are:
If you want serious comedy – David is not your man. His comedy stems from experiences such as being the youngest of five boys and babysitting his nephews. His 2016 Fringe act ‘Walking the Cat’ took us through his hilarious 16 years of cat ownership, after inheriting his ex-girlfriend’s cat ‘Mittens’ following a bad break up. David keeps his comedy clean, but delivered anecdotes with a sarcastic edge.
Originally from Montreal, David is now settled in London. Between directing his own film and featuring on satellite radio, David regularly tours the UK circuit and is performing his new show at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2017.
‘Very confident, knows his material totally and had the crowd roaring. Good face and voice for comedy, great timing’. – The Stand
On the UK circuit for 16 years, Neil McFarlane is a seasoned Scottish comic with a massive back catalogue of comedy gold.
He is a regular act at comedy clubs all over Glasgow, and has had his shows featured at Bath Comedy Festival, Brighton Fringe and the Edinburgh Fringe (amongst others). Neil has entertained audiences in far flung locations - Florida, Tenerife, Croatia, Slovenia…Kent.
Sold out show ‘Posh Glaswegian’ at the Glasgow International Comedy Festival. Other shows include ‘Neil McFarlane’s First Period’ and ‘Sightseeing with a Hangover’. And if it makes you feel better, his online bio courtesy of Comedy CV website says, ‘He’s had all his jabs and frequently keeps his clothes on’. Hmmm, seems like we’re in for an interesting ride!
Stewart’s infectious banter channels the effortless charisma and quick-fire timing honed over a misspent youth as a street performer. As an MC and act he regularly performs for Avalon, Off the Kerb, The Banana Cabaret, The Comedy Company and Up the Creek.
Fellow comic, Paul Sinha says of Stewart, ‘Stewart is simply brilliant with anecdotes galore displaying a wonderfully inventive, playful and deeply personal look at sex, sexuality and relationships. His street performing skills give him a persona that is warm, engaging and entirely suited to his material’.
‘Possibly the bravest and certainly one of the best debut shows I’ve even seen.’ – Kate Copstick, Scotsman
Top Secret is rated the best comedy club in London by Trip Advisor. Come see why. Cheap drinks and ping pong table as standard. #Winning!
To familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of booking, please visit https://www.kclsu.org/unlockbook and check the section Information for Undergraduate Summer School students. There you will find our FAQ section, information about our refund policy, how to book, and relevant contacts.
- Tickets need to be pre-purchased online.
- Make your own way to the comedy club. Show your student ID and proof of age ID at the door to gain entry (we'll have provided a guest list of all ticket holders). There are no physical tickets.
- Students will need to bring proof of age identification as this is an R18 venue.
- Food and drink is at your own expense (bar snacks at the venue, pizza upstairs).
- Please note that stand-up comedy can be controversial. That is the very nature of stand up! KCLSU takes no responsibility for the content of the show (comedians perform on a rotating basis which means we cannot ‘vet’ them for sensitive material). Attend at your own discretion.
- The venue has stairs; if you have mobility issues please contact [email protected] before purchasing a ticket.
- Most of our events are non-refundable, however we understand there might be mitigating circumstances (Force Majeure).