Apollo Victoria Theatre, 17 Wilton Road, London, SW1V 1LG.
Undergraduate Summer School Students (Session 1) - Wicked Theatre Show
Please note: This event is for students enrolled on the Undergraduate Summer School only.
PURCHASING TICKETS: When you want to purchase, please login using a guest login (no need to have a student login - this is for full time students only). And, if you are purchasing tickets for multiple events, and the total is more than £150, the transaction won't go through. You just need to split the transaction into two smaller purchases.
Unlocking London has secured tickets to Wicked at London’s Apollo Theatre. This is your chance to see one of the best shows on the London theatre circuit.
About the show
When Dorothy famously triumphed over the Wicked Witch, we only ever heard one side of the story. Wicked tells the incredible untold story of an unlikely but profound friendship between two girls who first meet as sorcery students at Shiz University: the blonde and very popular Glinda and a misunderstood green girl named Elphaba.
Following an encounter with The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, their friendship reaches a crossroads and their lives take very different paths. Their extraordinary adventures in Oz will ultimately see them fulfil their destinies as Glinda the Good and the Wicked Witch of the West.
The multi award-winning classic musical, which is now the 10th longest running show in the West End, has show-stopping songs by Academy Award® winner Stephen Schwartz and is adapted for the stage by Winnie Holzman (My So Called Life).
Please note that tickets purchased online need to be exchanged for a physical ticket at the Summer Programmes office, BEFORE the day of the event. Please bring your email confirmation and student ID as proof of purchase. If you want to sit with friends, please come along at the same time so we can issue seats that are next to one another.
Staff at the Summer Programmes office will issue you a physical ticket to gain entry to the theatre. You need to look after this ticket as it cannot be replaced if you lose it. Please make your own way to the theatre, as the event is NOT hosted.
ADDITIONAL NOTE FOR THOSE THAT PURCHASE A TICKET ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT;
You will need to collect your ticket from the summer programme office no later than 5.30pm. We have set the cutoff, as staff will not be there outside of working hours. We will not email you instructions- if you need to check just login and take another look at this event listing.
- Please bring your email confirmation and student ID as proof of purchase to the Summer Programmes office before (or 'the day of', if you purchase on July 6) the day of the theatre visit. If you want to sit with friends, please come along at the same time so we can issue seats that are next to one another.
- Summer Programmes staff will issue you a physical ticket to gain entry to the theatre. You need to look after this ticket; it cannot be replaced if you lose it. PLEASE MAKE YOUR OWN WAY TO THE THEATRE, AND PRESENT YOUR TICKET ON ARRIVAL.
- If you plan on ordering alcohol from the theatre bar, you will need to bring proof of age identification.
- No refunds available on this event.
- The show starts at 7.30pm sharp. Please aim to be at the theatre no later than 7.00pm to give yourself time to check your bag, use the facilities and grab drinks or snacks from the theatre bar before taking your seats. If you arrive once the performance has begun, the theatre staff may ask that you wait at the entry doors for a break in performance numbers to take your seats.
- Please note that strobe lighting is used during this performance this show may not be suitable for those with epileptic conditions.