Join the KCLSU Future Leaders 2022-23! This programme is open to all Black, Disabled, LGBTQ+ or Women students who are interested in learning more about community leadership. The project will be focused on upskilling, forming connections, breaking barriers and building confidence in pursuing leadership roles during your university experience.
As part of the programme, you will get the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with like-minded people from your communities
- Meet professionals with shared experiences in leadership positions
- Produce your own exhibition
- Get tips on how to approach mentors and write manifestos
- Understand how your Student Union works
- Celebrate your achievements with an end-of-project social in Term 2.
Term 1 sessions
- Taster Session - Wednesday 26 October, 11am-12.30pm, Activity Room F
- What is Power (workshop) - Wednesday 9 November, 11am-1pm, Activity Room F
- Re-Claiming Your Space (prep meetings) - 2, 9 and 16 November, 2-4pm, Activity Room F
- Re-Claiming Your Space (online and in person exhibition) - Wednesday 23 November, 11am-4pm, The Arcade/ Instagram takeover
Term 2 sessions
- Getting a Mentor - Wednesday, January 25, 2023 - 11am-12.30pm, Activity Room F
- Your Role Models - Wednesday, February 1, 2023 - 11am-1pm, Activity Room F
- Intro to KCLSU Elections - Wednesday, February 8, 2023 - 10am-11.30am, Activity Room F
- Your Officers - Wednesday, February 8, 2023 - 12-1pm, Activity Room F
- Your Celebration - Wednesday, February 15, 2023 - 4-8pm, The Vault
If you want to learn more about how to get involved in the project email Louiza, our Community Representation Coordinator (Liberation).
For any accessibility or additional support requirements please email [email protected].