King's College London Students' Union (KCLSU) works for a future where every member has the opportunity to thrive. As a highly inclusive charity, democratic organisation and membership body, we are run by students, for students. Our decisions, policies and what we do are decided by our 30,000 plus student members. We operate across five campuses and support a diverse membership as well as over 300 student groups. We are the UK's oldest students' union as well as one of the largest.
The Data & Insights Manager is a new role in KCLSU, supporting the organisation with actionable data and insights that move the needle in understanding student and staff feedback. It plays an instrumental role in how data and insights inform the KCLSU strategy and reporting and performance, across all services, and channels.
The role holder manages & maintains KCLSU’s longitudinal data for student and staff feedback, including key KCLSU student surveys and contribution to external surveys e.g. KCLSU Student Surveys, Staff surveys. A key part of this is managing and analysing student feedback collated via Hubs (student centres) and other teams, as well as working in collaboration with colleagues within KCLSU’s Community Engagement team to undertake relevant research to effectively benchmark KCLSU against peer organisations.
In addition, this role requires regular meaningful evaluation of KCLSU services, in line with KCLSU Performance KPIs, including in depth analysis of KCLSU’s own communications and marketing activity, to better inform future strategy
Please download the application form, the EOM form and send it to [email protected]
Please download the job pack here.
Applications close - 28th June 2023.
Please do not send CVs as these will not be considered
Please DO NOT submit your applications in PDF formats
At KCLSU Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are at the heart of everything we do and we endeavor to ensure equal treatment of all candidates. We welcome a diverse range of applicants and are open to discussing flexibility with the right candidate. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with disabilities at all stages of the recruitment and selection process, and to ensure that a successful candidate with a disability can undertake the post.
Benefits of Working for KCLSU include:
- Hybrid Working Policy
- Pension Contribution
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan & Computer Loan
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Eye Tests & single focal glasses allowance
- 34 days annual holidays including Bank holidays, volunteering days and wellbeing days
- Discounts and Venues
- Wellbeing allowance per term
- Employee Assistance Programme
- "No meeting Friday" ethos
- KEATS Learning Platform & LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Death in Service
- Access to Kings Libraries
To be eligible to apply for this role you must:
- Be eligible to work in the UK, and provide proof of this (i.e.a passport/visa) when asked by KCLSU
- Have a National Insurance number, or be in the process of applying for one
- Not be a trustee of King’s College London Students’ Union
- Trustees should not apply for a role whilst in their term of office, or should their application be accepted or progressed to the interview stage.
- Ex-Trustees can apply for student staff (non-administrative) roles, as soon as they finish their tenure.
Ex-Trustees can apply for career staff / permanent staff roles, only after a year has passed of them being a trustee. Applications submitted within the year should not be accepted or progressed to the interview stage.