Application deadline: Mon 25 Sep 2023 09:00
The Events Assistant will work within the Community Engagement department to assist on a range of administrative tasks including; monitoring the team’s inboxes and responding to enquiries and ensuring information is up-to-date on the KCLSU website. They will also assist the Community Events Coordinators on key projects they are currently working on.
The post holder will support projects such as Welcome, Liberation History Months and One World Festival.
The ability to manage working time effectively, and prioritise appropriately is essential.
KCLSU is a fun, social and flexible work environment which offers opportunities for development as well as great staff benefits.
Benefits for Student Staff
Student saff can take advantage of hybrid working, termly wellbeing allowance and many more. See below for what we offer in terms of allowances, various discounts, and personal development opportunities.
- Hybrid Working Policy (if applicable)
- Pension Contribution (if eligible)
- Discounts at KCLSU Venues
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Termly wellbeing allowance
- ‘No Meeting Friday’ ethos
- KEATS Learning Platform & LinkedIn Learning subscription
- Access to King’s College London Libraries
If this is you, please download and complete an application form and an equal opportunities monitoring form from below and email directly to [email protected]
Download the application form here
Download the job pack here
Download the equal opportunities form here
Please do not send CVs as these will not be considered
Please DO NOT submit your applications in PDF formats
At KCLSU Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are at the heart of everything we do and we endeavor to ensure equal treatment of all candidates. We welcome a diverse range of applicants and are open to discussing flexibility with the right candidate. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with disabilities at all stages of the recruitment and selection process, and to ensure that a successful candidate with a disability can undertake the post.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must:
- Be eligible to work in the UK, and provide proof of this (i.e.a passport/visa) when asked by KCLSU
- Have a National Insurance number, or be in the process of applying for one
- Not be a trustee of King’s College London Students’ Union
- Trustees should not apply for a role whilst in their term of office, or should their application be accepted or progressed to the interview stage.
- Ex-Trustees can apply for student staff (non-administrative) roles, as soon as they finish their tenure.
- Ex-Trustees can apply for career staff / permanent staff roles, only after a year has passed of them being a trustee. Applications submitted within the year should not be accepted or progressed to the interview stage.