We are Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ Women's Foorball Club. Whether you have spent your pre-university years playing football for your county or you have never kicked a ball in your life, this club is for you. We have three teams so we cater for a wide variety of footballing talent!
The 1st team are more competitive, consistently performing very well in BUCS and LUSL leagues, and in other tournaments throughout the year, and it’s generally made up of experiences players. The 3rd team is more for those with very little footballing experience, or none at all but it is a fantastic platform to better whatever skills you currently have, if that is your aim, or just if you want to try something new. With the 2nd team bridging the gap between beginners and King’s hottest talent, there’s a team for absolutely everyone.
This year we've added a host of new initiatives and acitivites for our members to get involved in when they're not kicking a ball around, including:
- Club Strength and Conditioning sessions (sometimes swapped for Yoga or Dance Zumba!)
- Wellbeing socials - face masks and movie nights!
- Charity initiatives - our girls just raised over £2500 cycling to Brighton for Mind UK!
- and much much more...
So if you are looking for a fun, new way of keeping fit and meeting great people then GKTWFC is definitely the place to be. You can find us on the following links to get more info and see what we are about:
Facebook: GKT Women’s Football Club Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/102340596129/ or like our page https://www.facebook.com/GKTWFC
Instagram and Twitter: @GKTWFC
*** Come say hi to us at the Fresher's Fairs (19/09 on Guys Campus or the 20th or 21st of September at the Barbican), and join us at our FRESHERS TRIALS on Sunday the 22nd and Wednesday 25th September (see facebook page for the event)! Players of ALL levels are welcome for two afternoon of fun, games and football. We accept members throughout the year, so do not worry if you are on exchange or missed freshers’ trials! Also, ALL subjects are welcome to join, half of our club doesn’t study a medical subject! If you have any more questions, do not hesitate to contact us by any means listed above or come and see us at Freshers Fair. We look forward to meeting you ladies! ***
What’s the difference between KCL and GKT?
GKT includes healthcare/medic related subjects (medics, dentists, nurses, physios, biomed, neuroscience etc) - but we welcome players from ALL subjects. We have three teams so can cater for any ability. Our socials are based around Borough and London Bridge (Guys Bar!). Come and ask us about joining!
What do you guys do apart from football?
We have 3 talented and outgoing Social Secretaries who plan various shenanigans including (but not limited to):
- Socials (in fancy dress) every Weds night in Guy’s Bar
- Christmas dinner, a foot-BALL and other amazing events throughout the year
- FRESHER’S TOUR in a mystery location, only revealed on arrival
- NAMS TOUR (National Association of Medical Schools), this year in Nottingham.
Achievements to date?
- Macadam Cup (GKT vs KCL) champions 2019, NAMS finalists 2019 (champions 2017), UH (United Hospitals) Cup champions 2019, Varsity champions 2019, LUSL Cup finalists 2018, BUCS Cup semi-finalists 2019, 2nd BUCS League, 2nd LUSL League.
- a long history of success, with league promotions, 7 NAMS titles and several ULU cup titles.
When is training?
Mondays, 7.30-9pm, at Honor Oak Park (only 15 mins from London Bridge train station) for the 1s and 2s, Tuesdays 5.45-7pm at the same place for the 3s, plus a brand new strength and conditioning session on Guys Campus on fridays between 6-7!
When are games?
We play on Wednesday afternoons and Sundays. All matches kickoff around 2pm.
We have to pay to join?
We have a £35 joining fee. This is much less than other clubs! It covers our participation in leagues and ensures your safety as a player (in case injury interferes with your studies). Buy your membership below!