OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS, REGARDLESS OF COURSE, YEAR OR ABILITY!
KCLSU CLUB OF THE YEAR 2020
To keep it short and sweet we’ve summarised our great club in the following section! If you wish you find out more about GKTCC and what we have to offer, head to our website (www.gktcricketclub.co.uk) for more information on our CRICKET, SOCIALS, ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL TOURS, CHARITY WORK and much more!
Dating back to at least 1885, GKTCC is the oldest, biggest and most successful cricket club at King's College London and in London; Winning 20+1 trophies since 2016, we compete in the highest BUCS division out of any university in the capital and any medical school in the country.
The modern-day GKTCC is a diverse club; Current members are reading degrees in Medicine, History, PPE, Global Health and French to name just a few. We also cater to all abilities, fielding 3 outdoor XIs that compete in both
BUCS British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) and London Universities Sport Leagues (LUSL) competitions, with the 1st XI additionally competing in UH, comprising over 80 matches a year. In the off-season, we run two indoor teams along with bi-weekly training at Lords, the Kia Oval or Kent County Cricket Club.
Furthermore, we run annual international playing and social tours, along with weekly club socials at the infamous Guy's Bar, Ministry of Sound, club meals, mini-golf, bowling and various other events throughout the year.
GKT CC beautifully pairs unparalleled history and tradition with present-day success, unforgettable memories and a lifelong family.
- Played in BUCS 1A Division (a first in the club's history), narrowly missing out on promotion to the BUCS Premier Division on account of NRR.
- Retained the Wimbledon Surrey Slam Indoor Trophy as well as achieving qualification to the BUCS National Indoor Championships - being 1 of 16 university teams in the country to achieve this feat
- Beat KCLCC to retain the Macadam trophy for the 6th time running
- Reached the United Hospitals T20 Finals
- International Tour to Barcelona
- Became the highest ranked cricket team in London as well as being the highest ranked medical cricket team in the country!
- BUCS 2B Winners - Completing 4 promotions in a row (previous year competition was void due to COVID-190
- Retained United Hospitals T20 Trophy and reached the UH 50 Over Final
- 1st XI won the Wimbledon Surrey Slam for the first time ever in the club's history
- Social international tour to Lisbon
- Playing tour to Desert Springs Resort in Spain
- Largest Membership in our club's history - 70 Members!
BUCS 2B 2020+1 winners - completing 3 promotions in a row to reach 1A (2 leagues higher than KCL CC).
- Retained all United Hospital titles from the previous year; the 50-over and T20 Cups.
- Winners of London Universities Sport League 2020+1 Premier Division - 4th consecutive year.
- Raised another £1,500 for charties including Bloodwise and Blood Cancer UK.
- Hosted a COVID-19 safe charity intra-club football tournment and repeated our annual drubbing of GKT Hockey in the Embers Cup by a scoreline of 7-0.
- Our first-ever Alumni day.
- A first domestic tour to Manchester in many a year.
1st XI London Universities Sport League 2020 Premier Division Winners - 3rd consecutive year (4th in 5 years, but who's counting?)
United Hospitals 50 Over Cup Winners
- United Hospitals T20 Cup Winners
- United Hospitals Indoor Cup Winners
- The first team to ever win the United Hospitals Treble!
- Inauguration of the Embers Cup - a charity football match vs GKT Hockey in which we won 6-1
- Annual Indoor GKT Charity Tournament organised seeing old boys return to take part against the current members!
- An unforgettable tour to Amsterdam!
- Top contributors to RAG Week for the 3rd year in a row.
- Raised over £2,000 for Bloodwise and Guy's and St. Thomas' Charity!
- Boasted 75+ members, making us the largest university cricket club in London
If you have any questions - please feel free to contact us on @gktcc on Instagram or email either us on [email protected].
We hope you consider joining us this year - it will be something that you will not regret!
Siddharth Menon, President