Welcome to KCL Tennis Club!
Our club is committed to promoting an active lifestyle and involving players of all abilities in tennis. Whether you are a seasoned pro that would like to play for our competitive teams, looking to find some rallying partners, or even looking to learn how to play this great sport from scratch, we have you covered!
We have seven competitive teams to accommodate all levels:
- Two Men’s teams
- Two Women’s teams
- All these teams play in the British Universities & College Sports leagues (BUCS).
- Three Mixed teams playing in the London Universities Sports League (LUSL).
- One of these teams, GKT, is made up of students based on Guy’s campus or working at any of the hospitals associated with King’s (Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ hospitals)
- The other two are our LUSL 1 and LUSL 2 teams for students across other campuses.
If you are keener to have a nice hit occasionally without the competitive pressure, we welcome players of all levels – absolute beginners included – to join our recreational team!
Currently, the sessions are organized by BeActive and we play three times a week for 2 hours either at Archbishop’s park or at Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Sports facility. Included within the membership is also an annual BeActive membership, which also gives you, access to the timetable of over 50 classes/activities a week! To see the full timetable head over to www.kcl.ac.uk/sport/assets/beactive-timetable.pdf. Your membership will also give you access to our weekly socials (see below!)
Once you have your recreational membership, you can head over to www.kcl.ac.uk/sport/physical-activity/beactive and click on ‘BeActive Standard Booking’ to log in and book your activities!
We organize weekly socials on Wednesdays at different locations in London including Guy’s bar, The Vault, Dover Castle as well as house parties, scavenger hunts or themed socials in bars throughout town! We also organize bigger events like a Christmas Dinner at a super fancy venue (in 2019 we partied on a boat!) So keep an eye out on our KCL Tennis social media on Facebook and IG for updates!
Thursday Strength and Conditioning Fitness
We also offer strength and conditioning fitness sessions on Thursday evenings on Guy’s Campus. This is open and free to any of our competitive team members!
- If you want to join our recreational tennis program, you can buy the membership any time of the year for just £36. To do so, add the ‘Tennis Recreational Membership’ to your basket! The membership is open to all King’s students.
- To join one of our competitive teams, you must first trial and be picked by one of our team captains. Once you have made the team, you will be able to buy your ‘Tennis Standard Membership’ for £85.
- Please do not buy the standard membership unless told by one of our captains. If you have bought the membership by mistake then you can email the KCLSU for a refund. They will email us to confirm that we allow the refund.
For refunds of any membership, please email [email protected]