KCL Political Economy Society
The Political Economy Society at King’s College London was born a few years ago to provide spaces of discussion to intellectually challenge students and alumni from within and outside our university.
We do this by hosting events targeted towards a wide range of students interested in Political Economy, regardless of their year of studies, or their educational background.
Our key mission is to provide a safe space for students to have discussions about the economic, political, social, and cultural topics of the world. Hence, we will host both informal events and more formal events. By doing this, we hope to create an inclusive community for everyone to find like-minded people to enjoy their time and conversations with.
This year, after a very socially distant year for many students, our approach is to focus mainly on social events and on building relations within the society. In 2023 however, our goal is to start hosting even more informal talks, debates, academic and career events, and we hope that you will join us for all of it!
Why Should You Join The PE Society?
- Network & Socialize with like-minded individuals, interested in everything within politics and economics.
- Learn from bright scholars and academics with our formal talks hosted by academics or working professionals in the field of political economy.
- Develop workplace skills and get career support targeted towards a job within politics, such as in the government or within a multinational organisation.
- Show off the initiative on your CV/resume, which is well-received by recruiters and can make you stand out amongst other students.
- Access to all our academic, career events, socials and more.
The Committee 22/23:
President - Sameer Ahmad
Vice President - Ywione Darrell
Treasurer - Lusin Melikyan
Secretary - Duo Wang
Marketing Director - Mathu Balakumaran
Marketing Associates - Nachael Gill & Arjun Raman
Event Officers - Mukta Patil & Neha Nouman
First-Year Associates - Abhar Premanand & Simran Uppal
Post-graduate Associate - Aiman Anis
Welcome Social- 3rd October 2022.
Games Night- 6th October 2022.
Halloween Pub Crawl with KCL UNA, IR, PPE, WSS etc. - 29th October 2022.
Investment Banking Workshop with City Investment Training- 12th and 13th November 2022.
Breaking Into Media and Politics with PER and ROAR news- 17th November 2022.
Panel Discussion on EDI in the Corporate World with KCL ACS and BAME ITC- 24th November 2022.
End of Term Social - 6th December 2022
End of Term Social - 9th December 2022
Panel Discussion on the global economy with Dr Tanzi - 20th January 2023
Careers & Diversity in Finance & Economics with Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase & Co, McKinsey & Company and more - 28th February 2023
Overcoming Obstacles and Failures - 1st March 2023
Please find all our upcoming events on our Instagram @kclpoliticaleconomy.