SUMMER PROGRAMME STUDENTS (Session 2) Othello at the Globe Theatre
Please note: This event is for students participating in the 2018 Undergraduate Summer School Programmes only.
KCLSU is delighted to offer standing tickets to a live performance of Othello, at Shakespeare’s Globe:
“The republic of Venice employs General Othello, a self-made man and a Moor, to defend its overseas territories against the Turks. As the Turkish threat gathers and Venetian forces are despatched to Cyprus, the love Othello holds for his new wife becomes a raging, uncontrollable torrent. Iago, a junior officer secretly enraged by Othello, exploits his General’s ambiguous position and ingenuous nature, driving him into a passionate and overpowering jealousy. Othello is an all too human story; marked by the domestic intimacy of a chamber piece, it has the feel of a relentless Greek tragedy. The wasteland of death may be both Iago’s goal and his harvest, but the stage belongs to Othello, a man who loved perhaps unwisely and too well.”
To familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of booking, please visit https://www.kclsu.org/unlockbook and check the section Information for Undergraduate Summer School students. There you will find our FAQ section, information about our refund policy, how to book, and relevant contacts.
T&C’s / Instructions;
- Purchase your ticket online. You will receive an email confirmation to the email you registered with (please check your junk mail if you cannot see it).
- Take the email confirmation to the Summer Program Office (Strand), to exchange for a physical ticket.
- Please do not lose your ticket as it cannot be replaced.
- Take your ticket, and your student ID to the theatre on the day.
- The group will be meeting a KCLSU Staff Member outside Starbucks Coffee, opposite The Globe Theatre, at 6:45pm, and heading to the Theatre at 7pm as there will be queues for the best spots in front of the stage.
- Please see the venues website for information on arrival time, prohibited items, and behaviours, cloakroom facilities and nearest transport links.
- Please note: running time is still to be confirmed. Check on the Globe website for updates. Tickets are standing in the yard, and performances go ahead rain or shine as they have since the Globe was opened (no umbrellas allowed in the theatre).