STUDY ABROAD- Top Secret Comedy Club
Please Note: This event is for incoming Study Abroad students who are studying at King’s for either a semester or a full year only
KCLSU Events invite Study Abroad students to join them for a night of belly-laughs, at Top Secret Comedy Club. Top Secret is rated the best comedy club in London by Trip Advisor. Come see why....
Each Thursday they feature an MC, and 3 fresh acts for your entertainment pleasure.
Their bar offers Pints from £3.00, (£12 for 4 pint jug) Wine from £3.30 and spirits + mixer from £3.00. They also have Pringles and nuts, but if you want something more substantial, there are many Restaurants in the area as well as in the building; please feel free to grab any take away and bring it down to the club where you can enjoy before or during the show.
Cheap drinks and ping pong table as standard :)
THIS WEEKS ACTS ARE...(Subject to change)
- Danny Ward: Since November 2008 Danny Ward has been travelling Great Britain, often in his T reg Polo, sometimes on the coach, entertaining audiences with his unique style of observational humour. A self-proclaimed tataholic, Danny Ward is on a mission to spread the lesson he refuses to learn – when you try and do things on the cheap, it ends up costing you more. With a delivery that is up-beat and well honed, his easy-going style is both endearing and very funny.
- Esther Manito: Esther was a finalist for ‘So You Think You’re Funny 2017’, Bath New Act of the Year 2017 and Semi-finalist for Leicester Square New act 2016/2017. Esther is also a published writer in the satirical collection, “Don’t Panic I’m Islamic”
- Andre De Freitas: “Great writing, slick delivery and confident stage presence.” — The Comedy Café. Andre is a Portuguese comic currently based in London. At 17, he decided to try stand up for the first time at a local open mic. This led to some success in the local comedy scene and Andre performed in venues across Portugal.
- Brennan Reece: I have been plugging away at this comedy stuff for a couple of years now…and it seems to be going pretty well. Within that short time I have won ‘English Comedian Of The Year’, came 2nd in the BBC New Comedy Award, nominated for Best Newcomer at the 2016 Edinburgh Comedy Awards and have been lucky enough to travel all over the world telling jokes.
- Please go up to the venue from 7.20pm.
- Unfortunately, this event is available for over 18s only (Not our policy but the venue’s!)
- Take your proof of age ID, and KCL student ID.
- Look for your two Peer Advisors in blue t-shirts (they'll be waiting outside). Once we're all here, we'll go downstairs together and sign in as a group.
- PS: If you're a bit late, just go to the main desk downstairs and tell them you’re with KCL. We will have provided the venue a full guest list, and they can check your name off the list once they've checked your ID.
Times: Show at 8.00pm (doors open at 7.30)
Please be aware we offer these tickets as an opportunity for students to experience a public comedy night in one of London’s best comedy clubs. However we do not have control over the subject matter of the comedian’s material so sensitive topics may be touched upon. As such we ask attendees to bare this in mind before purchasing tickets.
To familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of booking, please visit https://www.kclsu.org/unlockbook/. There you will find our FAQ section, information about our refund policy, how to book, and relevant contacts.