KCLSU Advice is for all students of King's College London. We are here to help if you are facing any difficulties, or if you want help with KCL regulations and procedures.
KCLSU Advice is:
- Free : we will never charge you for using our service
- Confidential : we will not share any information about your enquiry, or let anyone know you have used the service, except in emergency situations set out in our confidentiality agreement.
- Independent and impartial : the Students' Union is independent from King's. We offer neutral advice which is supportive of you, without bias and influence of any outside organisations.
- Empowering : whatever you seek our help with you will always be in control. We will support you to make the most informed decision to get the best possible resolution for you.
- Non-judgemental : we will advise you on the best way forward from where you are, not judge you on your current circumstances. We will always treat you with respect and dignity, in line with KCLSU's committment to equality and diversity.
- Straightforward : we will be open and honest with you. We will work to make our advice easy to understand and our service simple to access.
We’re here to help if you need support during your studies.
- Support in making an appeal
- Assistance if you have mitigating circumstances or need an extension
- Advice on submitting a complaint including harassment by other students or KCL staff
- Guidance on the College misconduct procedures
- Support if your Fitness to Practice is called into question
- Give you information about sources of support for whatever issue you're facing
If you need help our friendly Advice Team, Amerie, Lydia and Jo will be more than happy to advise you.
We want your experience with us to be as helpful and supportive as possible. Read our 'Using the KCLSU Advice Service' page to find out how it all works.
Get In Touch
We work hard to respond to all queries as quickly as possible. We prioritise our cases, which means if you have an urgent matter we will help you first. To help us to assess the urgency of your case we need you to tell us what your enquiry is about, and it's important that you tell us if you have a deadline to meet.
We can advise you via email, telephone or in person.
When you contact us by email you’ll always receive a response within 3 working days. We prioritise our cases according to urgency, so if there’s reason you need to hear from us sooner than that make sure you include this information when you contact us. We review our emails every day so we will pick up any emails which have approaching deadlines as soon as possible.
020 7848 4588
When you contact us by telephone you’ll be able to speak to one of our friendly KCLSU Hubs staff, who will let you know how we can help you and how to get in touch. You can leave your details with the Hub and they will make sure we get your message promptly. We’ll respond to telephone messages within 3 working days. We prioritise our cases according to urgency so if there's a reason you need to hear from us sooner then make sure you include this information when you speak to the Hub.
We give 45 minute appointments to meet with an adviser in person. When you contact us one of our caseworkers will organise an in-person appointment with you if this would be helpful for your situation. If you would like an appointment please mention this to us when you contact us. Appointments take place in our confidential advice spaces at Strand, Guy’s or Waterloo. If you have access requirements please let us know when you book your appointment. We will assess your appointment form and determine whether you may need an urgent appointment or you may need an appointment that is longer than 45 minutes.
We have appointments available throughout the week, Monday - Friday, usually within the hours of 10 am - 4 pm, but we may be able to make an appointment outside of these hours if it is needed.