Found yourself studying on campus at one of our informal study spaces and in need of a hot drink or delicious brownie? Some of our food & drink venues are currently open for takeaway 7 days a week, and will soon be re-opening for you to eat-in on the 17th of May!
Some of our activity rooms, which are currently being used as informal study spaces, will also be re-opening as activity spaces from the 20th of May, for you and your society to use for any group activities or exercises.
Want to know more? Here's all the information you need:
Our cafés, restaurants, and bars:
- The Shack, which has been open since January serving takeaway-only, will have a number of tables and chairs re-instated from 17th May for you to order & eat in the café, until the 28th May where it'll close until September. You'll still be able to use the space to sit during this time.
- Guy's Bar, The Shed, and The Vault will continue to be used as informal study spaces only until the end of the semester on 30th May. You can find the informal study opening times here.
The Vault informal study space will close after Sunday 30th May, and reopen to live-screen selected Varsity fixtures from 1-4th June, open 17:00 – 23:00, with great deals on food & drink! To book a table, email [email protected].
- The Union Shop at Bush House will remain open until Friday 4th June, after which you can still shop at our online shop.
All of our outlets will remain closed for the summer period and reopen in September, due to the low number of students and staff expected on campus, no summer schools & KCL not currently permitting external events to take place on campus.
Our activity rooms:
- The Studio & Activity Room F in Bush House, and Activity Room 1 & Activity Room 2 in Guy's Campus will return back to activity spaces for block bookings only from the 24th of May
- We will also be reviewing the risk assessment process for ad-hoc bookings shortly so societies and groups without a block booking may be able to book rooms for one-off meetings
- The Media Suite at Bush House is currently bookable for lone working and risk-approved media groups (one person per room)
- The social study spaces in the rest of our activity rooms will remain until further notice based on demand
- There are 88 study spaces opening in NH NE Wing & Guy’s Bar has an increased capacity of 15 to counter our rooms changing back to activity spaces
Our activity rooms for clubs and societies will be governed by sports' National Governing body rules and KCLSU room capacities.