We heard from you at our Town Hall sessions that informal study spaces have been getting busier, and as KCLSU spaces are open for informal studying, we too have seen increased traffic in certain spaces. As a result of this, we have opened our activity rooms and some of our venues for additional study space to ensure students can self-distance.
Opening times for our informal study spaces until June 2021 are:
Monday – Friday 9am-8pm, Saturday - Sunday 9am-6pm
- The Vault Bar on the Lower Ground floor (will close on the 30th May to reopen live-screen selected Varsity fixtures from 1-4th June, open 17:00 – 23:00. To book a table, email [email protected])
- The Studio on the Ground floor (open until the 20th May, reverted back to activity spaces from the 24th May)
- Lower Loft on the 7th floor
- The Media Suite on the 7th floor is currently bookable for lone working and risk-approved media groups
- The Meadow on the 8th floor
- AR C & AR D on the 8th floor
- AR F on the 8th floor (open until the 20th May, reverted back to activity spaces from the 24th May)
The Shack café is also open for coffees, teas, brownies & much more, and you'll be able to sit and eat in from the 17th May. Find out more here.
Monday – Sunday 9am-6pm
- Entrance B (card access only)
- AR 1 & AR 2
- AR 3 & AR 4
- MR 1 & MR 2
- Guy’s Bar (open until the 13th June)
- The Shed is now open as an informal study space until 13th June
All of the above activity room social study spaces at Guy's (AR1, AR2, AR3, and AR4) will be reverted back to activity spaces for our student groups as of Friday 25th June.
There are 88 new study spaces opening in New Hunt's House NE Wing & Guy’s Bar has an increased capacity of 15 to counter our rooms changing back to activity spaces.
Monday - Friday 9am-6pm
Monday – Friday 9am-6pm
- KCLSU@IOPPN social study space.
If you are coming on to campus regularly, do remember that there is lateral flow testing available across all campuses, you can book your free slot here, to help keep yourself and the rest of the community safe. Please remember to also follow the below six steps when using our informal study spaces to keep you and other students safe:
- Hand in your Student ID at the Hubs desk for a table
- Scan the QR code provided
- Sanitise your space
- Read the T&C's on desk
- Sanitise your desk before leaving
- Return to the Hubs desk to collect your ID
Please remember all of our social study spaces will remain operating under a 2-meter social distancing rule.
Our lovely Hubs staff will be around to answer any questions you might have, and if you have any further questions, please email [email protected]