Liverpool Street Tube, Bishopsgate West exit - top of the escalator, next to the Wasabi kiosk (Our guide is Simon Whitehouse)
Please note: This event is for students participating in the 2017 Undergraduate Summer School Programmes only.
Interested in the local London Street Art Scene? Then you’re in luck! The street art in east London is constantly reinvigorated by local and international artists - and we have an expert to take you around the freshest pieces or work. Cameras at the ready…
Here is the ‘official’ description of the tour according to our walking company London Walks (the oldest and best walking tour company)…
Bombing with Banksy & Co. "People say graffiti is ugly, irresponsible and childish... but that's only if it's done properly" – Banksy. There's no other London Walk like this one. It's intense on the senses. It's a corkscrew of a route that pops cork after cork of east London's vibrant, heady, dynamic street art scene. It gets up close and personal with Banksy and Ben Eine and Shepherd Fairey and Invader and Co. It decodes them. Like a great jazz musician it improvs (because this outdoor gallery – aka Shoreditch and Spitalfields – gets "rehung"* every few months). It's guided by a street art collector. A savvy local, Pepe's got great connections – knows the scene as well as the artists themselves. It ends at a street artist's studio and gallery. *Six months is the average life span of street art in east London. So the walk – true to the scene – changes all the time. Makes for a unique buzz. Okay, Banksy, here we come. N.B. the walk ends in Shoreditch High Street, a short walk from Old Street Station and Liverpool Street Station.
To familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of booking, please visit https://www.kclsu.org/unlockbook and check the section Information for Undergraduate Summer School students. There you will find our FAQ section, information about our refund policy, how to book, and relevant contacts.
- Please meet (our uide, Simon Whitehouse) at Liverpool Street Tube, Bishopsgate West exit - top of the escalator, next to the Wasabi kiosk at 10.20am.
- He’ll be holding up a ‘London Walks’ brochure.
- The tour sets off at 10.30am sharp and lasts two hours.
- The tour will happen rain or shine (dress appropriately).
- Bring your student ID and email confirmation as proof of purchase. We will have supplied them with a guest list and they'll be holding up a London Walks pamphlet.
- Our guide’s name will be confirmed closer to the event, please keep an eye on Twitter @KCLSU_Events
- Most of our events are non-refundable, however we understand there might be mitigating circumstances (Force Majeure).