Global Lounge is here! Our annual celebrations and events aren't stopping for Winter break, and Global Lounge is still happening this year - remotely. We have a range of fun events planned for you, including Crafternoons, Mindful Moments and opportunities for you to chat and meet other students!
If you want to get a taste of what's in store this year, check out some great links to online resources and places to visit in London below:
- Make, Do, Play: Make Do Play encourages staff and students in #KingsCulturalCommunity to take part in creative activities for your wellbeing. They have a range of events from Create and Chill online events to learning how to photograph at home - make sure to check them out if you're looking to get creative this Winter break!
- Free Christmas Crafts: If you're more of a solo crafter, websites like this provide a bunch of free Christmas craft ideas you can do at home!
- 8 Ways to Upcycle your Trash: For those of you who are keen crafters but also worried about sustainability, check out this article for eight ways to upcycle your trash! Instead of filling up your recycling bins with cardboard, why not use it to make a cute decoration or gift?
- BBC Mindful Moments: Looking to relax and chill this break? BBC has a bunch of free resources to help you relax, from interesting podcasts, to guided yoga and meditation sessions on their website.
- 20 self care activities you can do in 10 mins or less: A bit short on time? There is a range of activities you can do to look after yourself and your wellbeing in a short space of time! Check out this article for twenty suggestions of self-care activities you can do this break!
- Best mindfulness podcasts for 2020: If you're just looking to close your eyes and zone out while listening to a chilled-out podcast, this list will give you some great suggestions of mindfullness podcasts you can tune into this year.
What’s on in London:
We will also be hosting our own festive online events this year, from virtual Winter Walks to a photography competition, so make sure to check out our Global Lounge page to find out more and book your free tickets!