Giving back is a fantastic way to boost your own wellbeing and that of those you’re giving back to. Here are some ideas of ways to give to others from wherever you are in the world.
There are many ways to give back
King’s Students Recommend
There are many ways you can help out from home - and these are just some of the ways King's students are making a difference!
If there is something you'd like to recommend for your peers, please email [email protected]
- Volunteer for the Age UK Lambeth or In-Deep Telephone Befriending Services.
- Text a friend with a compliment.
- Share your knowledge with a friend or on social media– help those around you with your personal tips on how to stay active, easy recipes, keeping positive or share skills you have.
- Order a care package or small surprise for a friend or family member for no reason but to brighten their day.
- Make a post a card for a sick child in hospital through Post Pals Charity
- Write a handwritten letter and post this to a friend or family member.
- Leave a surprise note or doodle for a member of your household.
- Post a card to your local hospital, thanking all of the NHS workers who are working hard to look after us.
Want to share your knowledge or passion?
Easy micro-volunteering websites to productively pass the time
- Play games to support Cancer Research on their website.
- Play some Easy Trivia on Free Rice for a good cause!
- Be my eyes - use the app to help a visually-impaired person with different everyday tasks.
- Zooniverse – People-powered projects for research.
If these don't seem like something you'd want to do, you can always search out your favourite charity and see if they have any ways you can donate or help out online.