Swim Bike Run - 3 times the fun of any club!
Welcome to the KCL Triathlon Team, we're an enthusiastic club and we welcome all levels, whether you've never tried triathlon before, are a runner, swimmer or cyclist looking for a bit of a challenge or if you're are a seasoned triathlete.
Many of our training sessions are joint with the KCL Athletics Distance & Cross Country Squad and the KCL Cycling team. Along with our own swimming sessions, this gives you access to 9 training sessions per week to choose from to help you reach your goals in each discipline.
Our training sessions for the 2019/20 year currently look something like this:
- Mondays Evening: 6.00pm-7.30pm Cycling Turbo Session @ Guy's Campus
- Tuesdays Evening: 7pm Running Session @ Southwark Park Track
- Wednesdays Morning: 7-8am, Cycling Turbo session @ Guy's Campus;
Evening: 9-10pm Swimming @ Orchard Lisle Pool, Guy's Campus
- Thursdays Evening 6.00-7.30pm Cycling Turbo Session @ Guy's Campus;
7pm Running @ Southwark Park Track
- Fridays Morning: 7-8am Cycling Turbo Session @ Guy's Campus;
Evening: 6-7pm Circuits @ Guy's Campus
- Saturdays: 9:30 am Cycling/Brick Session TBC. Check the facebook group for more details.
- Sundays: 9am Cycling- Long Ride- Richmond Park and beyond. TBC. Check the facebook group for more details.
All sessions are optional and will be supplemented by training weekends and races during the year.
- BUCS Duathlon (November)
- Hyde Park relays (February)
- BUCS Sprint Triathlon (May)
- BUCS Standard Triathlon (May)
Please note that you are responsible for which activites you would like to participate in during the week and you can turn up to as many or as few sessions as you wish!
We welcome new members all year round.
We allow all potential new members a FREE swim, run and bike session before deciding whether they wish to purchase a membership and continue training with us!
So why not come along and give TRI a try!
A FEW ADDED EXTRAS :
- We have teamed up with KCL Athletics & Cross Country Squad to offer a 'Joint membership' option. For an extra £25, this option allows members of the Triathlon club to compete for KCL Athletics in LUCA and BUCS cross-country, indoors and outdoors competitions in addition to the two track sessions that the standard Triathlon membership gives access to.
- We have a coach! Following on from last season, Maria Powell- Level 2 Triathlon Coach, World and European Age Group Triathlon medallist will be overseeing the training of the club for the year and will provide expert support and guidance at our races and training weekends. As a member of the club you will have access to an 8 months long triathlon training plan which you can follow at the club sessions and in your own time.
- Warm Weather Training Camp 2019- following on from our amazing trip to Club La Santa, Lanzarote in July, a new trip will be planned for this academic year!
Join our Facebook group and if you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Standard membership (£50): includes all training sessions, training plan, BUCS competition entry and travel.
• Joint membership (£75): includes all the features of Standard membership + Athletics Cross Country membership with BUCS and LUCA competition entry and travel.
• Top up membership (£25): for those who have already purchased a Standard membership for Athletics Cross Country or Triathlon and wish to upgrade to the joint membership.
Training will officially recommence for the 2018/19 academic year the week beginning 1st October 2018. A few warm up sessions will take place in the weeks leading up to this so get in touch if you would like to start training ASAP!