King's College London Rifle & Pistol Club
2022-2023 Q&A: https://chat.whatsapp.com/CuFcRVoeZwF8cpBkdryIIR
*DUE TO MAINTENANCE, OUR CAMPUS RANGE IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED. NO SHOOTING SESSION WILL BE CONDUCTED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Beginners, International Students, Students from UoL Member Institutions*, Alumni and Staff are all welcomed.
*For students from other UoL Member Institutions, please contact the KCLRPC Committee before purchasing the membership.
Joining Instructions: How to join as a full member (and be able to shoot regularly)!
- Purchase KCLSU Rifle Membership & Insurance
- Complete our online form for full membership application (Standard/Associate).
- Once you complete the form, please forward your KCLSU Receipt and a photocopy of your official ID (Passport, Driver's License, National ID etc.) to [email protected] with your King's email.
- Put your Full Name and Phone Number as the email subject.
- Please ensure the quality of the photocopy you submitted.
- Wait for our confirmation email of your successful application.
- Book a session either in our General Whatsapp groupchat or in 'session-sign-ups' on our Discord Server.
- Sessions are released weekly at 20:00 UK time on Sundays. Always bring your student ID with you when attending sessions.
Standard Membership is £30 per year (plus KCLSU Sports Insurance, £4) and ammunition cost is £0.10 per round.
Associate Membership for UoL students is £26 per year (plus KCLSU Sports Insurance, £4).
Associate Membership for King's Staff and Alumni is £30 per year (plus KCLSU Sports Insurance, £4).
For more information and any questions about the Club and facilties, please email [email protected]
Please join and check our Whatsapp Group or Discord Server for joining details and events.
The Rifle and Pistol Club has a history that goes back to the nineteenth century, with records of elements of what now forms Kings (Guys particularly) having shot competitively in the very earliest days of the NRA. As a club, we believe we moved into the current range in the mid-1920s, and for a time in the early 2000s housed Reggie the Lion before his refurbishment.
Set in what used to be the Aldwych Tube Station tunnels, our firing range allows for single person prone shooting with .22 calibre target rifles. Bolt action and semi-automatic may be available upon request. The set up ensures one-to-one coaching with one of our Range Officers every time you visit.
Sessions take place depending on Range Officer availability but are generally run on 3 - 4 days of the week, and are run as half hour individual sessions. These are posted as a sign up at the start of each week on the facebook page.
We cater to all levels of experience - our members include absolute beginners to national competitors - all are welcome to join! For those who wish to shoot competitively, we send a team every year to BUCS.
As well as our own Range shooting we run trips for full bore, shotgun and clay pigeon shooting, with annual visits to Bisley. Socials planned include paintballing and laser tag as well as the traditional curry nights out.
We host Guest Days for new shooters who wish to try out the Range before becoming a full member. To attend one of these sessions, you will need to purchase provisional membership and the KCLSU sports insurance. Further details of times and dates will be posted on the Club page.