The King's Doctoral Students' Association [KDSA] is the recognised representative body of the Postgraduate Research Student community. It is an autonomous body within the KCLSU representative structure. As a King’s doctoral student, you’re automatically part of KDSA.
Aim & Mission
KDSA is independent of King’s and works with the university to drive the changes doctoral students want.
- Uphold, extend and defend the rights of doctoral/ postgraduate research students at King’s.
- Establish a Peer Support Network for both academic and non-academic issues.
- Promote student-led activity amongst new and existing PGR communities to build professional skills, share research ideas & network.
KDSA Board for 2019-20:
Chair – Francesco Pierangeli
Vice Chair – Shaikha Almazrouei
Secretary and Treasurer – Cyrus Fan
Event Coordinator – Blessing Taiwo
Representative for Faculty of Arts & Humanities – Yuna Lee
Representative for King’s Business School – Xiaochuan Tong
Representative for The Dickson Poon School of Law – Myriam Gicquello
Representative for Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine – Blessing Taiwo
Representative for Faculty of Natural & Mathematical Sciences – Andrew Henning
Representative for Francis Crick Institute – Nikos Angelis
Representative for Francis Crick Institute – Lisa Dressler
GTA Representative – Gulmira Begalina
Vacant Committee Positions:
- Social Media Coordinator
- Representative for Faculty of Social Science & Public Policy
- Representative for Faculty of Dentistry, Oral and Craniofacial Sciences
- Representative for Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
- Representative for Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience
- LGBT Community Lead
- GTA Representative
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information on these positions. The deadline for committee recruitment is Monday 26th August.
The KDSA lead collective campaigning to bring change and improve the experience for their student community and beyond.
Read more about some of the campaigns we have worked upon below: