NUS (National Union of Students) is a confederation of student unions in the UK. Being affiliated with NUS means that as a union, we can create policy and campaign on a national level.
NUS Conferences are the lead decision making bodies of the organisation where delegates representing students from across NUS membership review the work over the last year, decide on priorities and policy for the following year and elect the leadership.
NUS Conference motion submissions
We can propose policies, or 'motions', to be dicussed at NUS Conferences. Any Students’ Union that is affiliated to NUS can submit a motion or amendment to National Conference and Liberation Conferences. You can read more about NUS Conferences here.
Motions must be submitted before the deadlines below:
- National Conference: 10am, 29 January 2019
The deadlines for Liberation Conferences are as follows (by 12pm, unless otherwise stated):
- Sections Conference*: 21 November 2018
- Trans Conference: 21 November 2018
- LGBT+ Conference: 17 December 2018
- Black Students' Conference: 2 January 2019
- Disabled Students' Conference: 26 February 2019
- Women's Conference: 13 March 2019
* Sections Conference includes International Students' Conference, Postgraduate Students Conference, Mature and Part-time Students Conference and Parents and Carers Conference