Last year we put in place a five year strategic plan - it’s called our Big Plan because we’ve thought big! Our Big Plan 2014-2019 sets out what we’ll be focussing on over these five years so that every valued KCLSU member makes the most of their time at King’s and leaves ready and able to shape the future.
Here are our key successes in 2015/16 (Year 2 of the Big Plan), based on the priorities set out there.
Support, information and advice for student life
- Successfully influenced KCL with regards to amending academic regulations, particularly around the “Fit to Sit” policy.
- Successfully completed a review of our Advice services, with recommendations due to be implemented during 16/17
- Successfully delivered a well-informed student written submission for the QAA – following extensive engagement from our members.
Building a Students’ Union for all
- We responded to 35,000 enquiries through Student Centres across four campuses, from simple questions to more complex issues, and engaged with more members than ever through social media.
- We led on the design and planning of the re-development at Guy’s Campus – which successfully opened to students during Summer 2016.
- We have led on planning of the Strand Campus Development to ensure that the project benefits our members. This includes negotiating double the amount of floor space for our Members at Bush House than we currently have at the Macadam Building.
- We have refreshed the KCLSU brand to present a clear and cohesive identity that our members can engage with.
Supporting student-led communities
- We over-achieved our target of 9,550 memberships of clubs and societies, with a total of 17,345 memberships – a 35% increase on prior year.
- We trained 615 student leaders from our sports teams and societies – more than ever before - so that they could manage their money better and be more sustainable for the long term.
- We gave students the necessary tools (including a Student Activity handbook, improved Finance Procedures, and guidance on our AGM, fundraising and volunteering) so they could improve their sports teams and societies and manage them more effectively.
- Our Sports teams won Varsity 2016! Huge congratulations to all involved.
Empowering student change-makers
- We gave Student Officers the confidence, evidence and tools they needed to influence decision making with KCL around academic representation.
- Established strong and active networks of student leaders, representatives and campaigners through skills development training, tailored guidance and one-to-one contact.
- We delivered the “Liberation at KCLSU Review” achieving the project objectives and AGM resolution.
- We delivered the “Student Decision Making Review”, which will enable us to engage more students in more of our decisions.
Values in action
- We implemented our Ethical Banking and Investment Policy – and have now switched our banking from National Westminster Bank to two ethical banking providers – Triodos and Metro Bank.
- We retained our Excellence Green Impact Award, and won a Best Bar None Gold Award for the second year in a row.
- We launched a new range of KCL clothing which was sold through our shop and online.
- We launched a free printing service at Guy’s and Strand campuses, with Waterloo and Denmark Hill to follow soon.
- We agreed a new Memorandum of Understanding and Relationship Agreement with KCL
- We achieved a “Very Good” rating in the Quality Students’ Union assessment which was recently undertaken