Who we are
About The Club
Guy's, King's & St Thomas' Hospital Cricket Club (GKT CC) was first founded in 1891 where a cricket team consisting of physicians, surgeons and medical students was established. More recently, however, the club welcomes students from all courses.
GKT CC endeavours to maintain a high standard of cricket with training beginning in October at the world-renowned Kia Oval and also Lords which runs throughout university term time from once to twice a week. We are extremely lucky to have an excellent coach, who has played first class cricket for over a decade. During the winter, we also partake in both the BUCS and Surrey indoor leagues against universities and clubs, as well as indoor tournaments against universities from all over the country.
The outdoor season begins in April with the Macadam Cup, where we play our rivals, KCL CC. GKT CC has had the better of them comfortably in recent years, having beaten them both indoor and outdoor consistently for 2 years and seeing us in a whole 2 leagues higher than them. We partake in 3 leagues - BUCS, LUSL and UH. BUCS is a 50 over league which consists of university teams in the South East of England, and currently we are in 2B (an extremely high standard). LUSL is a T20 league which is exclusive to those universities in London and carries a long history of success with GKT. We proudly have a 1st and 2nd XI in both the BUCS and LUSL leagues, enabling everyone to play their fair share of cricket in the summer. Finally, there is UH which stands for United Hospitals. This is a competitive league between the 1st XIs of GKT, Imperial, UCL, St. George's and Queen Mary's hospital cricket clubs .
Our club also strives to fundraise and support charities, an example of this is the organisation of an inter-university cricket tournament (W GKT Grace cup) between other sports teams and societies which was successfully achieved in 2018 to raise money for the CALM charity.
As well as having a determination to win and strive for success, GKT CC also offers unforgettable socials but also national and international tours that have seen GKT travel to Barcelona, Cyprus, Berlin and Naples. The coming 2019/20 season will see GKT CC travel to Spain for its first ever cricket playing tour. The club's reputation is built upon many years of tradition, which include the famous Wednesday Guy's Bar nights, Café Nawaz curries and various other socials throughout the year. GKT CC welcomes players of a wide range of cricketing ability, whether you have never played before or are a seasoned pro and we promise to help to make your university years the best of your life.
- Unbeaten season consisting of 14 Matches and 14 Wins
- LUSL Premier Division Winners
- BUCS Division 4B Winners and Promotion
- W GKT Grace Cup Winners and raising money for CALM
- Winners of the KCL, GKT, RUMS and Birmingham Indoor Tournament
- Beating KCL CC in 3/3 matches - indoor, Macadam and outdoor formats
- A fantastic tour to Berlin
- Weekly socials including GB, Cafe Nawaz and bowling
- 1st XI BUCS 3A 2019 winners - completing back to back promotion to reach 2B (2 leagues higher than KCL CC)
- 1st XI LUSL 2019 Premier Division Winners for the 3rd year running
- UH T20 Winners
- UH 50 Over runners up
- 2nd XI LUSL Winners
- Macadam Cup 2019 Winners
- Inaugral Indoor GKT Charity Tournament organised seeing old boys return to take part against the current members
- A wonderful tour to Naples
- The usual weekly socials including a first ever social at the driving range
No elections are currently running