Application deadline: Tue 10 Mar 2020 09:00
Looking to work in one of the top university communities in the world? Then come join us at a 147-year-old institution working to make sure 30,000 students from around the world have the best experience possible. The post holder will be responsible for leading and managing KCLSU’s retail and business development functions consisting of the Union Shop, a clothing outlet at our Strand Campus; Nought, our new package free shop at our Guys campus; growing online trading for clothing and memorabilia and income generation through advertising, media sales, sponsorship and partnerships. The ideal candidate will deliver an outstanding customer experience and building relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, the post holder will take a market let approach to maximising sales and minimising costs to enable a growing financial contribution to KCLSU.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of high street retail and a customer orientated environment
- Experience of leading an managing teams to deliver an outstanding customer service
- Ability to translate data and research in to a product range and proposition leading to increased financial contribution
- Knowledge of the student market and higher education sector generally
- Entrepreneurial skills and the ability to identify and develop income opportunities
Please download and complete an application form and an equal opportunities monitoring form from below https://www.kclsu.org/about/workforus/ and email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 9am Tuesday 10 March
Interview dates: Wednesday 25 March
Please do not send CVs as these will not be considered.
Please DO NOT send in PDF applications.
At KCLSU Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are at the heart of everything we do and we endeavour to ensure equal treatment of all candidates. We welcome a diverse range of applicants and are open to discussing flexibility with the right candidate. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with disabilities at all stages of the recruitment and selection process, and to ensure that a successful candidate with a disability can undertake the post.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must:
• Be eligible to work in the UK, and provide proof of this (i.e. a passport/visa) when asked by KCLSU
• Have a National Insurance number, or be in the process of applying for one
• Not be a trustee of King’s College London Students’ Union