Application deadline: Sun 16 Feb 2020 09:00
Looking to work in one of the top university communities in the world? Then come join us at a 145-year-old institution working to make sure 30,000 students from around the world have the best experience possible. KCLSU is a £7m student led charity that is here to make sure that every student at King’s has the best student experience possible. The post holder will be responsible for leading day-to-day operations in the Vault Kitchen in the absence of the Catering Manager including supervising the team, ordering stock, maintaining standards, leading food preparation and ensuring relevant legislation is adhered to. The post holder will also assist with food preparation and the effective delivery of service and standards.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Food Hygiene Qualification Level 2
- Experience of providing a high level of customer service within a similar food outlet
- Previous experience of leading a kitchen team in a bust environment
- Knowledge of the market and ability to keep up with food trends
To work as an effective member, you will need to:
- Ensure the highest level of cleanliness is maintained within all kitchen and stock storage areas
- Lead a busy kitchen of approximately four staff members
- Ensure security of stock, complying with any existing controls and procedures
- Assist in the running of external functions as and when required
Please download and complete an application form and an equal opportunities monitoring form from below and email directly to email@example.com
Applications close: Sunday 16th February 2020
Interview dates: Tuesday 25th February 2020
Please do not send CVs as these will not be considered.
Please DO NOT send in PDF applications.
At KCLSU Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are at the heart of everything we do and we endeavour to ensure equal treatment of all candidates. We welcome a diverse range of applicants and are open to discussing flexibility with the right candidate. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with disabilities at all stages of the recruitment and selection process, and to ensure that a successful candidate with a disability can undertake the post.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must:
• Be eligible to work in the UK, and provide proof of this (i.e. a passport/visa) when asked by KCLSU
• Have a National Insurance number, or be in the process of applying for one
• Not be a trustee of King’s College London Students’ Union