Application deadline: Tue 18 Feb 2020 09:00
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in KCLSU as Community Engagement Coordinator: Widening Participation. The post holder role will work with the Widening Participation Department to increase access to higher education for underrepresented learners. The post holder will be responsible for project managing the Kings of King’s programme which introducing young people in care to the co-curricular side of university through a series of interactive workshops. In addition to this, you will work in collaboration with King’s College London’s Widening Participations department, supporting the development and delivery of a new tutoring scheme for year 7 children in care.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of involvement with a student’s union or charity organisation
- Experience of Widening Participation in a higher education context
- Awareness and interest in social and digital media
- A commitment to the principles and practices of equality and diversity
- An appreciation of issues and barriers associated with broadening student participation in higher education and/or voluntary sectors
To work as an effective member of the Activities team, you will need to:
- Work with community development framework, supporting student communities to build leadership, membership engagement, inclusivity and impact
- Support with the delivery of KCLWP’s flagship programmes K+ and King’s Scholars, working with student societies to deliver engaging and educational sessions to programme participants.
- Contribute to the annual operating plans for WP, team away days and other department wide activities at KCLSU and KCL WP
- Assist student groups in developing WP activities that align with the strategic priorities of the University
Please take a look at our Job Pack for more information about this role.
KCLSU is a fun, social and flexible work environment which offers multiple opportunities for development as well as great staff benefits such as weekly yoga and spin classes, free fruit and soft drinks, travel and computer loans and much more.
If this is you, please download and complete an application form and an equal opportunities monitoring form from our website https://www.kclsu.org/jobs/vacancy and email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Tuesday 18th February 2020
Interview date: Monday 2nd March 2020
Assessment type: Interview, presentation and informal meet and greet with members of KCLSU Community Engagement Department
Please do not send CVs as these will not be considered.
Please DO NOT send in PDF applications.
At KCLSU Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are at the heart of everything we do and we endeavour to ensure equal treatment of all candidates. We welcome a diverse range of applicants and are open to discussing flexibility with the right candidate. Reasonable adjustments will be made for candidates with disabilities at all stages of the recruitment and selection process, and to ensure that a successful candidate with a disability can undertake the post.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must:
• Be eligible to work in the UK, and provide proof of this (i.e. a passport/visa) when asked by KCLSU
• Not be a trustee of King’s College London Students’ Union