The KCL Anglo-French Medical Society (KCLAFMS) will seek to foster closer relationships between British and French medical students and healthcare professionals.
The KCLAFMS is a FRIENDLY and INFORMAL society where everyone is welcome, whatever the standard of French.
Our activities will focus on:
- Discussions and the bringing together of a cross-cultural community through social and academic event
- Medical-French training sessions for all levels of fluency,
- Talks with Anglo-French healthcare professionals,
- Support for incoming French-educated students,
- Obtaining medical placements in francophone countries including final year electives,
We aim to exchange medical views and opinions as well as improving knowledge of clinical French and English in a student setting.
The society works with the Anglo-French Medical Society Student Network (AFMS Student Network), a professional organisation with similar goals to our society.