We are constantly under pressure to do well at uni, exercise, socialise and on top of that be healthy!
That's why, KNIT'S is here to help. Join us in knitting, meeting new people, and sharing the love. Research says knitting relieves stress, improves concentration, and increases productivity.
Our aims consist of:
1) Providing our students with a stress-free environment to unleash their creativity
2) Donating our work including blankets, to people in need
3) Last but not least, share a safe space where we can become better listeners and better teachers.
All levels, especially beginners, are welcome. There will be learning workshops, after which materials can be provided for you to work at home. Absolutely everything we create, fundraise, or purchase goes to charity. Please, come and don't worry: we will treat you with the outmost care.
LOCATION: Strand Campus, Norfolk Building in Room G.01
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic we have decided to cancel Knit’s for the remainder of the semester. Thank you all so much for such a great year, it's been incredible seeing you all developing into such amazing knitters and crocheters. We hope that you all stay healthy and safe during this outbreak, and hopefully we can see some of you again next year
The election for next years committee still needs to take place. Below are role descriptions for the positions available. For the society to continue it must have a president and a treasurer so please do consider applying for those roles the only requirements are that you are a KCL student. You have until 23:59 GMT on Monday 23rd March to get in touch and let us know which roles you would like to be considered for, after which if there are multiple applicants for a role, we will arrange online voting.
- Responsible for taking care of logistics and ensuring the society is running smoothly.
- Responsible for liaising with committee members, other societies, and KCLSU.
- Responsible for making sure that the club is run according to KCLSU guidelines.
- Responsible for the day to day financial duties of the society including the society’s budget, expenses, applications for sponsorship and/or funding from KCLSU.
- Point of contact with KCLSU.
- Responsible for making sure the society is run according to KCLSU guidelines.
Social Media Officer:
- Responsible maintaining the society’s social media and communication with the society’s members.
- Responsible for overseeing the arrangement of internal and external events for the society and its members.
- Responsible for the equipment, maintaining the inventory, and arranging any new equipment needed for the society.
- Running a stall at fresher’s fair
- Running weekly meetings
- Deciding and implementing projects for the society
- Teaching at sessions
Best of luck with all your exams and coursework!
Thanks for a great year,
The Knit's Committee
Sign-up form: https://forms.gle/4toGm46MDtKhhrXr5