KCL Kashmir Solidarity Movement is a society dedicated to promoting and raising awareness about the 70 year long Kashmir conflict, and the human rights abuses that are currently taking place in the region.
In order to properly stand in solidarity with the Kashmiri people, we believe it is important to work with respect to, and in the interest of,achieving self-determination of the Kashmiri people.
As a liberation society, it is also important for us to fight for human rights in general. That is why Kashmir Solidarity Movement is part of the King's Anti-Racism Network, and also stands in solidarity with KCL Justice For Cleaners.
• To highlight and raise awareness of the issues affecting the former princely state of Jammu & Kashmir, including the origins and history of the conflict, as well as human rights abuses carried out by the occupying forces of India and Pakistan
• To stand in solidarity with the Kashmiri people
• The society aims to study the Kashmir conflict through various means, including hosting political, historical and cultural events. The society will focus on the entire region of Kashmir from Pakistan-Controlled Kashmir, to Indian-Controlled Kashmir and Chinese-controlled Kashmir.
• The society intends to mobilise students in order to achieve a positive settlement for the Kashmiri people, by organising campaigns, fundraising and lobbying relevant bodies to uphold international human rights law.
• Promoting a non-partisan approach to resolving the conflict by focusing on the Kashmiri peoples’ right to self-determination.
• Collaborating with both national and international communities groups to build a broad awareness campaign.
For more information regarding our events please make sure to like and follow us on Facebook!