At KCLSU our volunteers' safety and the wellbeing of the young people we are working with are paramount. We need to ensure that everybody involved in a Widening Participation (WP) event or programme is properly safeguarded.
What does this mean for our Widening Participation volunteers?
- Protecting vulnerable people from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of their health and development
- Ensuring that young people grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all young people to have the best outcomes
To ensure this is the case, the WP coordinator holds two Child Protection training sessions during the winter and spring terms for WP volunteers.
Where do I sign up?
There are a number of sessions in the winter and spring term. The next session will be in the academic year so make sure you check this page regularly to sign up.
- Wednesday 30 January , 1pm-2pm Guy's campus, West Wing, AR5
- Wednesday 13 February, 1pm-2pm, Guy's Campus, West Wing, AR5
Location for the sessions will be confirmed before the start of term.
Hit the sign up button now to attend one of the sessions listed above.