Living | Learning | Thriving
We're the Positive Peers -here for health students, by health students.
Using a peer-to-peer approach, the Positive Peers help enhance the personal and collective wellbeing of King's College London health students by giving evidence-based information, sharing experiences and connecting students with health-related resources.
Through health promotion and support, the Positive Peers are a key component of the King's Wellbeing Team and contribute to the larger health faculties' commitment to improve student mental health and wellbeing.
How can we support you as a fellow health student?
TALK TO US! We are here to support you as a health student. There are three easy ways you can get in touch with us:
COME TO ONE OF OUR EVENTS: Check out our upcoming event details here!
Positive Minds: For students experiencing low mood or mild depression. More info can be found here. 4-Week Course beginning Tuesday 2 October 2018 from 6:00pm-7:30pm. Email email@example.com to book on.
- Session 1: 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd October (Great Dover Street Apartments Cafe, SE1 4XA
- Please bring King's ID and sign in at reception
- Session 2: 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th November (Great Dover Street Apartments Cafe, SE1 4XA
We recommend you come to all four parts of one Positive Minds session, but if that's not possible, just come to the days you can make!
Wellbeing Workshop: For any student wanting to improve their wellbeing and set positive goals they're inspired by, come to one of our workshops in one of the King's Residences (Please bring King's ID and sign in at reception):
- Monday, 8th October: 6:30pm in Stamford Street Apartments Common Room (next to reception), SE1 9NQ
- Monday, 12 November: 6:30pm in Angel Lane Common Room, E15 1FF
- Monday, 26th November: 6:30pm in Champion Hill Library, SE5 8AN
Free dinner included! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire or book on.
Cooking & Conversation: New Food, New Friends | Come learn how to make healthy, cheap eats while meeting new peeps!
4th October at Great Dover Street Apartments Cafe, 6:30pm
25th October at Great Dover Street Apartments Cafe, 6:30pm
8th November at Great Dover Street Apartments Cafe, 6:30pm
22nd November at Great Dover Street Apartments Cafe, 6:30pm
If you'd like to meet with a Peer for a chat, please contact our friends from the King's College London Peer Supporters.
Who are the Positive Peers?
We are health students who want to improve the personal and collective wellbeing of other King’s College London health students! We do this by giving evidence-based information, sharing experiences, supporting our peers and connecting each other with helpful resources. Mostly, though, we just want to create a happier, healthier community for health students at King’s!
What sort of training and supervision do we have?
- We are volunteers who are trained to listen effectively, communicate sensitively, maintain confidentiality, respect boundaries and recognise when/how to encourage referral to professional support services.
- We receive constant support and supervision through King's Wellbeing and KCLSU.
- We each sign a volunteer agreement.
WORK WITH US: We're accepting applications to be a Positive Peer in November. You can find more information here for when we're recruiting next: