Living | Learning | Thriving
We're the Positive Peers -here for health students, by health students.
Using a peer-to-peer approach, the Positive Peers help enhance the personal and collective wellbeing of King's College London health students by giving evidence-based information, sharing experiences and connecting students with health-related resources.
Through health promotion and support, the Positive Peers are a key component of the King's Wellbeing Team and contribute to the larger health faculties' commitment to improve student mental health and wellbeing.
Who are the Positive Peers?
We are health students who want to improve the personal and collective wellbeing of other King’s College London health students! We do this by giving evidence-based information, sharing experiences, supporting our peers and connecting each other with helpful resources. Mostly, though, we just want to create a happier, healthier community for health students at King’s!
What sort of training and supervision do we have?
- We are volunteers who are trained to listen effectively, communicate sensitively, maintain confidentiality, respect boundaries and recognise when/how to encourage referral to professional support services.
- We receive constant support and supervision through King's Wellbeing and KCLSU.
- We each sign a volunteer agreement.
How can we support you as a fellow health student?
TALK TO US! We exist to support you as a health student. There are three easy ways you can get in touch with us:
COME TO ONE OF OUR EVENTS: Check out our upcoming event details here!
- Positive Minds: For students experiencing low mood or mild depression. More info can be found here.
- Every Tuesday from 17th October | 6pm-7:30pm
- Guy's Campus, Hodgkin Building, Classroom 2
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book on.
- Wellbeing Workshop: For any student wanting to improve their wellbeing and set positive goals they're inspired by.
- When: Thursday, 26th October at 6pm
- Where: Denmark Hill, WEC, The Boardroom
- Email email@example.com to enquire or book on.
WORK WITH US: We're currently recruiting Positive Peers!
- Read this Information Pack.
- Apply here and return the application to Julia Haas by 31st October 2017.
- Please Note: Interviews are scheduled for Wednesday, 8th October from 6pm with training to take place all day on 11th and 12th November. Please state in application if any of these dates are an issue.
If you'd like to meet with a Peer for a chat, please contact our friends from the King's College London Peer Supporters.