Living | Learning | Thriving
We're the Positive Peers -here for students, by students.
Using a peer-to-peer approach, the Positive Peers help enhance the personal and collective wellbeing of King's College London students by giving evidence-based information, sharing experiences and connecting students with health-related resources.
Through health promotion and support, the Positive Peers are a key component of King's and contribute to our community's commitment to improve student mental health and wellbeing.
How can we support you?
TALK TO US! We are here to support you. There are three easy ways you can get in touch with us:
COME TO ONE OF OUR EVENTS: Check out our upcoming event details here!
Positive Minds: For students experiencing low mood or mild depression. More info can be found here. 4-Week Course beginning Tuesday 22nd January 2019 from 6:00pm-7:30pm. Email email@example.com to book on.
- 22nd and 29th Jan, 5th and 12th Feb @ Hodgkin Building (Guy's) Classroom 05
We recommend you come to all four parts of one Positive Minds session, but if that's not possible, just come to the days you can make!
Wellbeing Workshop: For any student wanting to improve their wellbeing and set positive goals they're inspired by, come to one of our workshops (If coming to the resiences please bring King's ID and sign in at reception):
- Monday, 4th February: 6:30pm in Wolfson House Common Room, SE1 3RB
- Monday, 25th February: 6:30pm in Angel Lane Common Room, E15 1FF
- Monday, 11th March: 6.30 in Meeting Room 3, The Shed at Guy's
- Monday, 18th March: 6:30pm in Champion Hill Library, SE5 8AN
Free dinner included! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire or book on.
Cooking & Conversation: New Food, New Friends | Come learn how to make healthy, cheap eats while meeting new peeps!
Thusday 31st January at Great Dover Street Apartments Cafe, 6:30pm
Thursday 14th February at Great Dover Street Apartments Cafe, 6:30pm
Thursday 21st March at Great Dover Street Apartments Cafe, 6:30pm
If you'd like to meet with a Peer for a chat, please contact our friends from the King's College London Peer Supporters.
Who are the Positive Peers?
We are health students who want to improve the personal and collective wellbeing of other King’s College London health students! We do this by giving evidence-based information, sharing experiences, supporting our peers and connecting each other with helpful resources. Mostly, though, we just want to create a happier, healthier community for health students at King’s!
What sort of training and supervision do we have?
- We are volunteers who are trained to listen effectively, communicate sensitively, maintain confidentiality, respect boundaries and recognise when/how to encourage referral to professional support services.
- We receive constant support and supervision through KCLSU.
- We each sign a volunteer agreement.
WORK WITH US: We are currently not accepting applications.