Starting a Group
We have over 300 student activity groups and societies at KCLSU. However, if you have an original idea for a new group, then you can apply to start your own!
To get ratified, your activity group or society must meet the following criteria:
1. The new group’s core activities must not overlap with any existing ratified KCLSU Student Group.
2. It must be open and available to all members of King’s College London.
3. It must be supported by 35 current KCL students.
4. Its activities must not conflict with the KCLSU Values, Bye Laws and Articles of Association.
5. It must be practical for KCLSU to support the group and its activities. e.g. We must be able to feasibly insure and support your activities
6. If successful the new group must meet with KCLSU for a 6-month review so we can support and track the progress of the group
Great, mine meets the criteria, how do I apply?
Complete the new group application form during the next application window, open from midday on Monday 4th March 2019 until midday on Monday 8th April 2019. Paper applications won’t be accepted.
If your application meets all of the criterai and outlined above and is supported by 35 current KCL students, then ut will go to the Activities Committee who will review it. They will contact you with their decision.
If your application is declined, you can appeal the decision by replying to the Student Activities Committee by email. The results of the appeal will be sent two weeks after the appeal deadline.
Please send any queries and applications to email@example.com