Thursday 25 February 2021
Black Students Talk (BST)* is a peer support group that provides safe, supportive and therapeutic spaces for Black students to meet, share, learn, and manage our mental health & wellbeing at King’s College London.
Sessions include activites such as:
- one-to-one/group discussions using culturally relevant/specific psychoeducation
- help accessing appropriate mental health services within the university and wider community
- a ‘home away from home’ to connect with other Black students
- visiting speakers from Black mental health organisations
- resources designed and delivered by trained facilitators
BST sessions are being held virtually on Microsoft Teams every other Thursday. No need to sign up in advance. Here are our upcoming BST sessions:
Follow us on Twitter: @BPTwellbeing
*BST is part of the national Black People Talk (BPT), an initiative founded by Yannick Yalipende and Nkasi Stoll that aims to support the mental health and wellbeing of the Black community in the UK.
- KCLSU Events
- Take Time Out