STUDY ABROAD- Jack the Ripper Walking Tour (SOLD OUT)
Please Note: This event is for incoming Study Abroad students who are studying at King’s for either a semester or a full year only
He came silently out of the midnight shadows of August 31, 1888. Watching. Stalking. Butchering raddled, drink-sodden East End prostitutes. Leaving a trail of blood and gore that led... nowhere. Yes, something wicked this way walked, for this is the Ripper's slashing grounds. We evoke that autumn of gaslight and fog, of menacing shadows and stealthy footsteps, as we inspect the murder sites, sift through the evidence – in all its gory details – and get to grips, so to speak with the main suspects. Afterwards you can steady your nerves in The Ten Bells, the pub where the victims – perhaps under the steely gaze of the Ripper himself – tried to forget the waking nightmare.
- Please meet your Peer Advisor in their blue t-shirt at Tower Hill Tube Station (by tower hill coffee stand) at 15:15. They’ll be with our guide - who will be holding a London Walks brochure. The tour sets off promptly at 15:30pm, and lasts 2 hours.
- Bring your student ID, and you must bring your email confirmation as proof of purchase. We will have supplied them a guest list, and they'll be holding up a London Walks pamphlet.
- Please also bring proof of age ID, if you would like to purchase alcohol in the pub.
- If you are unsure about the suitability of this event please feel free to contact us for more detailed information firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comfy footwear, appropriate clothing and some water is highly recommended. This tour will go ahead rain or shine, so if it’s wet, please bring a brolley (umbrella)!
To familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of booking, please visit https://www.kclsu.org/unlockbook. There you will find our FAQ section, information about our refund policy, how to book, and relevant contacts.