STUDY ABROAD- The Lion King
Please Note: This event is for incoming Study Abroad students who are studying at King’s for either a semester or a full year only
We have great seats reserved for this award winning show, set in London’s famous West End theatre district.
About the Show…
Set against the majesty of the Serengeti Plains to the evocative rhythms of Africa, this spectacular production explodes with glorious colours, stunning effects and enchanting music to tell the timeless story of Simba and his epic journey to fulfil his destiny as King of the Pride-lands.
Brilliantly reimagined by acclaimed director Julie Taymor, Disney’s beloved film has been transformed into a spectacular stage production that explodes with glorious colours, stunning effects and enchanting music.
‘There is simply nothing else like it.’ The New York Times
- We’ll set off from Strand Reception (Strand campus, Main Entrance), at 7.00pm sharp. Please meet your two Study Abroad Peer Advisors at Strand Reception, 5-10 minutes before this, so that we can check you are all present, before we walk to the theatre (5-10 minute walk). We need to take our seats for the show which starts at 7.30pm. There is a licensed bar and snacks (crisps, nuts, popcorn, chocolate) available at the theatre at your own expense.
- Please bring your student ID, proof of age ID (if you want to use the bar at the venue)
- Please bring your email confirmation, print or screen shot on mobile (you’ll receive this when you login and purchase your ticket)
- If you are unsure about the suitability of this event please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more detailed information
- Please meet The Study Abroad Peer Advisors at Strand Reception (Strand campus, Main Entrance), from 6.50pm. They’ll be wearing blue t- shirts.
- You must bring your email confirmation as proof of purchase. This will be exchanged for a real ticket, to gain entry to the theatre.
- If you plan on ordering alcohol from the theatre bar, you will need to bring proof of age identification.
- No refunds available on this event.
- If you have accessibility issues, please email email@example.com no later than Monday 1st September, by 12.00pm.
- Please note that this show uses extensive strobe lighting (not suitable for those with epilepsy).
- The theatre address is Lyceum Theatre, Wellington Street, London WC2E 7RQ but please do not go straight there without a physical ticket, as you will not be admitted!
To familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of booking, please visit https://www.kclsu.org/unlockbook/ There you will find our FAQ section, information about our refund policy, how to book, and relevant contacts.