KCLSU Recommends... Kew's Orchids Festival
Plan your winter escape with a visit to Kew’s 23rd annual Orchids Festival, where you can bask in the tropical paradise of the Princess of Wales Conservatory.
Immerse yourself in a celebration of Thailand’s vibrant colours, culture, and magnificent plant life. Enjoy our colourful floral displays, including a bright Vanda tunnel and arches decorated with orchids.
- Admire handcrafted Thai umbrellas, an exquisite Bang Pa-In inspired orchid palace and a special Thai cart on loan from Thailand’s embassy in London.
- Learn about the significance of orchids in Thai cuisine, medicine and culture.
- Find out how Kew scientists are involved in describing and naming orchids, as well as helping to save endangered plant species.
- Experience our soundscapes depicting different aspects of Thai life, from tranquil temples to lively forests.
- Visit our pop-up shop to browse an exclusive range of Thai-themed products.
Find out more and book tickets here