STUDY ABROAD Harry Potter in the Old City
Please Note: This event is for incoming Study Abroad students who are studying at King’s for semester 2, arriving in January 2018.
A special event for Study Abroad students, and their friends.
London Walks tour guide, Andy Hallett takes you on a wicked walking tour though the mysterious old City of London. Betwixt and between the film locations we hit the sweet spots – the very best of quirky, peculiar, curious, lost old London. The tour company says…. "This walk 'Potters' through the old City of London. You’ll see most of the great buildings of the ancient City: the Bank of England, Mansion House, the wonderful Leadenhall Market, a close up view of the ‘Gherkin’, magnificent St Paul’s Cathedral.
You’ll cross the river by way of London Bridge. You’ll see film locations where Hagrid and Harry make their way to Diagon Alley in the first film, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. You’ll see where Harry, Mad-Eye Moody, Nymphadora Tonks and their friends fly in The Order of the Phoenix. And you’ll see the locations used for the Leaky Cauldron and the Third Hand Book Emporium in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. And lots more. What's not to like about a London Walk packed with history and Harry Potter. So come on muggles, it's time to enter the maze.
Tickets on sale until Thursday 11th January 5.00pm (at which stage we'll send the guest list to our tour operator).
- Please meet your Peer Advisor (wearing a blue t-shirt) outside Bank tube station, outside exit 3, by the War Memorial (in front of the Royal Exchange). They'll be with our tour guide, who will be holding up a ‘London Walks’ brochure.
- The tour sets off at 10.30pm sharp, and lasts 2 hours.
- The tour will happen rain or shine (dress appropriately).
- Bring your student ID, and email confirmation as proof of purchase. We will have supplied them a guest list, and they'll be holding up a London Walks pamphlet.
- Our guides name will be confirmed TBC closer to the event, please keep an eye on Twitter @KCLSU_Events