Who is Black Students Talk (BST) for?
University students at King’s College London who identify as Black (African, Caribbean, Mixed with Black heritage).
Why does Black Students Talk exist (BST)?
As university students we experience complex academic, psychological, social, emotional and financial pressures. Black students face specific pressures that often affect our mental health and therefore, our university experience and outcome. We want to help make the lives of all Black students at King’s College London as happy, healthy and successful as possible.
What do Black Students Talk (BST) sessions offer?
- one-to-one/group discussions using culturally relevant/specific psychoeducation
- help accessing appropriate mental health services within the university and wider community
- a ‘home away from home’ to connect with other Black students
- visiting speakers from Black mental health organisations
- resources designed and delivered by trained facilitators
Find out more about Black Students Talk here
- Student Run Events