There are lots of different ways in which your society can be involved with KCLSU elections – here are just a few ideas:
1. Invite the candidates to one of your events or meetings. You could give them all a few minutes to introduce themselves and their campaigns, or they could just talk to your members face-to-face.
2. Host a Q&A or hustings event – our guide to hosting an accessible and inclusive Q&A event can be found here.
It is really important that you consider seriously the accessibility of an event that requires candidates to attend and answer questions in person, since it requires a lot of time and energy during an already busy and difficult week for candidates.
3. Promote the elections in general – mention them at your events, post on social media about them, and generally encourage your members to vote!
4. Publish information about what you are looking for in a candidate – this will help students who are thinking of standing understand what is important to your society.
5. Endorse candidates – our guide to endorsing candidates can be found here.
6. Ask the candidates questions via Twitter and Facebook.
7. Use our submit a question form to ask candidates questions about things important to your society or association.
Decide on questions as a committee, with support from your community, and make it clear when submitting that it is coming from your society or association.