Enough of Walls, Let’s build bridges!
“Achievement has no color” said Abraham Lincoln, but still why do we define ourselves with color everywhere.
Hello everyone, I am Muhammad Arslan Zafar. I am currently a first year Economics and Management student. Being advertised as a global university, you expect King’s College London to provide a quite interactive student experience. But why do we often see students from a certain ethnicity avoid interacting with students from different ethnicities and culture? This is something that has really concerned me and hence motivated me to act as a catalyst for change.
My first has been a quite challenging year for me. I came here missing the fresher’s month due to visa issues. But coming here, one of my important aims were to make friends from different regions and different cultures. Therefor I tried going to every society’s event and made friends from different part of the world.
• Core team member of Internationalisation campaign of Kcl and spread awareness among students about making best use of diversity
- Volunteered for Syria week campaign
- Took part in Australian bush fire protest
- Organized and was an active member of protests to revive student unions in Pakistan
- Volunteered for save Palestinian kids campaign
- Hosted and performed for Arab society annual charity event
- Performed for Afghan welfare society charity event
- Active member of IndoPak development forum society
- Actively participated in Kashmir and Anti-CAA protest
- Collaborating with the Women’s Network and organize events catering to Women from BAME background.
- I pledge to set up a functional committee of colored students to tackle racism and extract it from its roots embedded in any forms at King’s College London.
- I also pledge to allocate resources to better the student experience of Women of Color through initiating skills and extra-curricular opportunities.
- I will strive to create a committee for ethnic minorities and fuel communication among cultural societies to organize events to help cope with life in London.
- Islamophobia: I will try my best to ensure that there are not any complaints related to islamophobia. And if there is any reported incident, I will take a strict action against it.