“Why suffer when you have Arslan Zafar”
Enough of Walls, Let’s build bridges!
“Achievement has no color” said Abraham Lincoln, but still why do we define ourselves with color everywhere.
Hello everyone, I am Muhammad Arslan Zafar. I am currently a first year Economics and Management student. Being advertised as a global university, you expect King’s College London to provide a quite interactive student experience. But why do we often see students from a certain ethnicity avoid interacting with students from different ethnicities and culture? This is something that has really concerned me and hence motivated me to act as a catalyst for change.
My first has been a quite challenging year for me. I came here missing the fresher’s month due to visa issues. But coming here, one of my important aims were to make friends from different regions and different cultures. Therefor I tried going to every society’s event and made friends from different part of the world.
• Core team member of Internationalisation campaign of Kcl and spread awareness among students about making best use of diversity
- Volunteered for Syria week campaign
- Took part in Australian bush fire protest
- Organized and was an active member of protests to revive student unions in Pakistan
- Volunteered for save Palestinian kids campaign
- Hosted and performed for Arab society annual charity event
- Performed for Afghan welfare society charity event
- Active member of IndoPak development forum society
- Actively participated in Kashmir and Anti-CAA protest
- Collaborating with the Women’s Network and organize events catering to Women from BAME background.
- I pledge to set up a functional committee of colored students to tackle racism and extract it from its roots embedded in any forms at King’s College London.
- I also pledge to allocate resources to better the student experience of Women of Color through initiating skills and extra-curricular opportunities.
- I will strive to create a committee for ethnic minorities and fuel communication among cultural societies to organize events to help cope with life in London.
- Islamophobia: I will try my best to ensure that there are not any complaints related to islamophobia. And if there is any reported incident, I will take a strict action against it.