‘When women support each other, incredible things happen.’ It's time we support each other & make a difference!
I am Priya P M, 2nd Year MSCi Computer Science student at King’s College London and I am running for your Women’s Officer in the KCLSU 2020-21. After gaining experience from being the Head Of Events of KCL Women’s Association (KCLWA), being a part of KCLSU Activities Committee & being involved in a cluster of societies on campus, it gives me great motivation to support and help, with your encouragement, all the female students within the university with any issues they may have. It’s time to include more female ideas and voices on campus and support women to recognize their true potential, aim for leadership positions and to strive for excellence.
Why vote for me?
- Current Head Of Events of the KCL Women’s Association, I have experience working closely with the Women’s Officer and the team & have a deep understanding of the women’s network.
- Have experience organizing the events and campaigns including #beYourBoss, for KCLSU women’s network for over a year.
- An active committee member of societies around campus including KCL Hindu Society, KCL AI society, KCL Women in STEM society and many more.
- An active member of KCLSU ( Activities Committee Officer )
- Student Lead for the Department of Informatics and have experience working alongside Professors in Informatics.
- A wellbeing Lead at KCLSU
- University Front-end Development Instructor for King’s College London
What I intend to accomplish?
- As your Women’s Officer, I aim to reduce the gender inequalities on campus by promoting the interests of female students and ensuring to build a community of respectful men and women, where opportunities are not limited by gender boundaries and no female is denied their right on campus.
- To have more female students in leadership positions around campus and to ensure their ideas and voices are heard.
- To Ensure that KCL spaces are safe for all students regardless of their gender, race or age.
- To inspire, support and promote students to stand for what they support.
- A platform that provides an opportunity for all students to share their stories, get inspired and make a change, through various initiatives, campaigns, conferences and events.
- Provide more leadership, career, internship opportunities for students and a chance to meet KCL women alumni’s.
- To bring all women-led societies under one roof and creating a space where women would be able to come together and empower each other.
- Lastly, to help female students become the best version of themselves and take advantage of the opportunities that King’s can offer them.
This is Your Chance to support what you believe in, This is Your Chance to speak up, This is Your Chance to take a step towards empowerment and make a difference, This is Your Chance to vote for the right person! This is Priya for Your Women’s Officer 2020-21