Representing your views, to make a change. #VOTESARA
As you are all aware, the transition from pre-clinical to clinical medicine is a huge one. With all these changes, as well as being the guinea pigs for Curriculum 2020, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed, especially when you don’t know who to go to. That’s where I come in.
I would love to represent you and take forward your concerns and feedback to the relevant members of staff, in order to ensure that you have the best experience at St Thomas’ as possible!
What are my aims?
GIVE YOU THE CHANGE YOU WANT
- Concerns and opinions of students will be taken forward and dealt with quickly. I am motivated to liaise with members of the faculty and administration teams to make sure that your experience at St Thomas’ is of the best quality, and that you gain as much out of clinics as possible.
- GP placement and travel cost concerns to be dealt with in an effective manner
- Make sure changes are made as soon as possible and not just for the next block of students – ensuring current students do not miss out on the benefits.
AWARENESS OF OPPORTUNITIES:
COMMUNICATION AND RESOURCES:
Create a facebook page for students at GSTT – so we can communicate with and support each other effectively.
Make sure lecture slides and hospital presentations are uploaded onto KEATS as quickly as possible
Create a platform where students can post tips, advice and experiences for the block they are currently on, accessible by all students - so that everyone can benefit from each other as they rotate throughout the blocks.
CLARITY AND KEEPING YOU INFORMED
- More clarity and awareness of exactly what we should be doing on placement and making sure all staff are aware of this, ensuring they have access to our learning outcomes.
- Provide clearer advice regarding our portfolios
- Ensuring hospital staff are aware of us and support us in having the best possible learning experience.
- Most importantly, I promise to keep you informed about what is going on. This tends to be a frequent problem, but I will make sure that you are as involved as possible. I guarantee that the changes you would like to see – will be made.
I have the relevant experience to undertake this role – such as working closely with members of the faculty as part of the Curriculum 2020 Stage 2 Student Planning Committee and SSLC, as well as representing the views and needs of students as Dermatology Society Year 2 Rep and Student Block Lead.
Feel free to drop me a message on Facebook / email if you want to speak about anything I’ve mentioned – or if you see me around.
I hope that you are as eager as I am to see these ideas become a reality, so use your Sara-bellum and vote for Mirza!
Click HERE to VOTE for SARA MIRZA as STAGE 2 YEAR 2 ST THOMAS' REP