Add some SPICE to the student trustee life! Vote Curry!
You can like my Facebook Page HERE.
What is a Student Trustee?
* Student Trustees sit on the Student Union’s Board of Trustees, the highest level of decision making for students
* They make objective financial and legal decisions on behalf of the Student Union that consider what is best for ALL students
* It’s their role to ensure that the Student Union, a charitable organisation, sticks to a clear vision, mission and values
I care about King’s and its students and want to ensure the university provides YOU with the environment, tools and support to thrive. I will be an HONEST, ACCOUNTABLE and OBJECTIVE leader. As a former employee and manager in the Alumni Office of King’s, I will bring a unique perspective to the Student Trustee Board. Communicating effectively with other high level decision-makers of King’s is an essential task for each Trustee. This is an undertaking I am both familiar with and successful at due to my past roles as an employee of King’s, a member of city-wide policy boards, and charity manager. I look forward to ensuring the Student Union's actions reflect the interest of YOU, the student body.
Who am I?
- Postgraduate student studying Public Policy
- Undergraduate degree in Government & Politics and German
- Passionate about community engagement and international affairs
- Cheap travel enthusiast (hello Easyjet & Ryanair)
- Enjoys field hockey and running along the Thames
- American who’s lived in Washington DC, Colorado, and Texas
- Ich spreche Deutsch (German speaker)
I have gained the skills necessary to be a trustee from:
- Five years of work in the US and UK charity sector
- One year of work for King’s College London’s Alumni Relations Department
- Led King’s mentoring initiatives, coordinating with King’s Widening Participation programme and matching top-level alumni with current students
- Coordinated alumni engagement events
- Five years of leadership experience sitting on committees & boards
- Emerging Leader’s Society (Colorado, USA), Food Policy Council (Texas, USA), Voluntary Organization’s Active in a Disaster Council (Texas, USA), Global Youth Service Day Committee (Texas, USA), Terp Service Day Committee (Maryland, USA)
- 2 years of work as an English teacher and cultural liaison in Austria
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and through social media.